Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

Hey Flex - I'm pretty pleased to see someone stepping up to do this. I don't mind sending you a copy of mine unmastered, but I tweak my mixes (depending on the mix, of course) with a chain that ends in a limiter with dithering. Compression comes before that, and I've got a harmonic exciter and sometimes stereo imaging on the way, so I think that I'd also prefer just having volume tweaks done on that. Mastering is a complicated task, as I'm sure you know, so it's pretty impressive you're willing to do it for 50-60 tracks!

Like I mentioned in the thread I posted in the project forum, I'm sure most of the mixes I come across won't need much more than a little volume tweaking (if that) just to make the album cohesive. I'm sure that I'll only have to go after a couple mixes to get an unmastered version if the remixer has done some overcompression, funky EQing, or whatever. I'm a rather late addition to this project, so I still don't know who all is involved with it (I'm pathetic, I know), but the more I hear from folks the more I find that OCR does indeed have a LOT of highly talented artists with a full set of mixing and mastering skills, many of whom are working on this album (side note: why aren't more of you guys plastered all over the remix pages around here? :P ). It's just the ones for whom the arrangement talent comes first, succeeded by maybe a smaller amount of mixing prowess, that I think I'll need to do any serious work.

Like I mentioned in the thread I posted in the project forum, I'm sure most of the mixes I come across won't need much more than a little volume tweaking (if that) just to make the album cohesive. I'm sure that I'll only have to go after a couple mixes to get an unmastered version if the remixer has done some overcompression, funky EQing, or whatever. I'm a rather late addition to this project, so I still don't know who all is involved with it (I'm pathetic, I know), but the more I hear from folks the more I find that OCR does indeed have a LOT of highly talented artists with a full set of mixing and mastering skills, many of whom are working on this album (side note: why aren't more of you guys plastered all over the remix pages around here? :P ). It's just the ones for whom the arrangement talent comes first, succeeded by maybe a smaller amount of mixing prowess, that I think I'll need to do any serious work.

All's well and good - I trust you'll do a fantastic job - even doing the volume work is a time-consuming and otherwise pain in the a, so I for one am thankful you're joining. Nothing pathetic about it! (:

Also, I'd like to formally welcome Dave Wise to the project, who will be remixing Jungle Jitter for the GBA soundtrack and playing saxophone on Monkey Kong's ending medley track. I'm very excited to have him on board, we've got something very cool lined up for the remix he's doing that will reveal itself in due time ;-)

*xpldz* /10char

Flexstyle got his WAV in to me (and actually delivered an almost-complete version in person when we shared lunch the other day :-P That was pretty neat!) and it's pretty sexy :-) I was beginning to think that source was cursed after getting WIPs from 3 separate people that never panned out into anything, but he came through on this one! Thanks a ton for the awesome track dude :-D

So, the preview is coming up quickly and I've got to start whipping up a list of songs for halc to insert into the actual preview... so, my question to you guys is, do you have any requests on songs you'd really like to hear? I can't guarantee I'll honor all of the requests, but if there's any particular songs that people want to hear, I'll consider them more seriously if I know there's public demand. So let me know what your thoughts are, and quickly! :-D

Hah! Me and Cody have been slaving away all night at the preview video for Otakon, but it's done now! I'll be able to show you fools as soon as the last 2 WAVs get turned in (or, if you're attending Otakon you might get to see it earlier than that.)

Tomorrow I'm really going to start plugging away at the extended preview, which should be about 8-12 minutes long if all goes as planned :-) I think the videos so far are looking really cool, I hope you all are able to watch it soon!

Also, welcome to Malcos and Diggi Dis (again!) claiming the last 2 tracks on the GBA soundtrack. WE ARE ONLY 1 TRACK AWAY FROM HAVING A COMPLETELY FULL SOUNDTRACK!

Also, I made a separate section of the list for bonus remixers who are making tracks, but haven't quite demonstrated OCR-level quality. They're still quite enjoyable though, and if the tracks end up meeting OCR quality they'll be moved to the main album listing, so just so you know what's up with that small new development :-)

... WE ARE ONLY 1 TRACK AWAY FROM HAVING A COMPLETELY FULL SOUNDTRACK!

:-o

Oh sh**... that means that either me or RegicideX should hurry up and send in something for that last track...

:dstrbd:

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A FULL SOUNDTRACK!!! (I hope...):wink:

Just wanted to let you know that me and Cody are still hard at work at the extended video trailer, which should be ready to post immediately (or not too long after) when the next WAV is turned in :-) All together, the preview will contain 8 minutes of remixes and 16 songs total, plus a TON of video content that we've been hard at work recording just for the preview.

I can't wait to unleash this all on you guys when the time is right :-) It's gonna be awesome.

... Done. At least, I think it's done. I still need to run it by a few folks to check for errors and figure out how to upload to a hosting site that can handle a 230 MB, 14 minute video (and that's rendering with crap quality!) :-P

Just wanted to let you all know that I can release the video almost immediately once the next WAV comes in. So project artists, you know what to do ;-)

... Done. At least, I think it's done. I still need to run it by a few folks to check for errors and figure out how to upload to a hosting site that can handle a 230 MB, 14 minute video (and that's rendering with crap quality!) :-P

Just wanted to let you all know that I can release the video almost immediately once the next WAV comes in. So project artists, you know what to do ;-)

22 minute TV episodes look great and are 175mb. Fix your video, noob.