Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

For those of you who're wondering about the Jungle Jitter track:

YES, please send us a WIP! Make it a somewhat substantial one, so we can get a good listen to it, and make sure you'll be able to finish it in time. Otherwise (and I feel comfortable speaking for Wes about this since I spoke to him about this very subject today), we have pretty much nothing going for Jitters. I'm personally working on a remix of it, HOWEVER, it's a very loose interpretation and doesn't really include enough source to be anything besides a bonus mix.

Please please PLEASE send us a WIP so we can see if it's up to par for getting this track locked down!

It's not really a song so much as it is a series of random sounds and a brief blues scale thrown in for fun. :-P Oh wait... that's the definition of songs. Good luck to whoever does it. :-o If you don't find anyone in the long run, let me know and I'll do it all ethnic percussiony like ethnic rush. Since it's another one of those types 'o' songs.

Also just throwing this out there, you guys -are- getting 24-bit WAVs right? If you're collecting 16-bit unmastered wavs and planning to master them afterwards, that is a big no-no.

Also just throwing this out there, you guys -are- getting 24-bit WAVs right? If you're collecting 16-bit unmastered wavs and planning to master them afterwards, that is a big no-no.

I'm getting whatever I get. To be honest, this isn't so much a mastering process as it is a "final checkup," if that makes any sense. A little compression here, a tweak of EQ there, but nothing really serious. The goal is to make the album sound perhaps a little more uniform across the board than previous albums have sounded, and while everyone's got a different mixing style, I like to think I can do a bit o' tightening of loose ends here and there. (you could always PM Wes if you want to hear what I've done, if you're concerned, by the way--I have no problem receiving critique)

I've had, like, 7 or 8 people express interest in the track at some point, but Flex is the only person who's been able to submit a WIP. I've asked people like Prince of Darkness, Dr.Manhattan, and even virt to tackle the track (because, as the last remaining track, I want to save it for someone who'll really do an amazing job with it) but either got negative responses or haven't heard back from them yet, so it's still up in the air.

Last I heard, Archangel was working on a WIP for it but I have no idea if that's going to be completed anytime soon, so as far as I'm concerned, get me your WIPs if you've got them! If they're not quite up to par, there's always room on the bonus disc for you guys to still get involved with the project :-) I want as many of you contributing to this as possible, even if we can't fit everything onto the main three discs.

Cheers everybody, thanks for the support! :-D

I'm thinking about turning my mix into a dub step style (since it already has alot of bass). I'm working on a few ideas, so thats why I've been kinda quiet around here.

I should still be able to make the 75% deadline though.

Lucky.

I've been busting my ass over the SNES Chase track to find that it's taken. Again.

well, good luck.

Just FYI Damon, we've already got 5 dubstep tracks on the project, haha. I'm totally cool with some dub influences on your song but I'd avoid taking it all-out in that direction just because the project is already saturated with a relatively niche genre.

Oh, I didn't realize that we had so many dub step songs on the project. Well thats cool. I'll just finish off what I have.

Yeah man, I don't want to deter you from completing your artistic vision, but just know that it's already a VERY popular album on the genre. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a huge dubstep fan :whatevaa:

(actually, it really doesn't. It just worked out that a bunch of remixers wanted to do something in that style. But don't worry, we've got all different subgenres in here; ambient dubstep a-la Burial, hardcore wompwomp, some completely crazy shit from AnSo, and a few surprises. I think you guys will like it.)