Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

I was at least 95% finished, but my damn file got corrupted. The vst instruments I used started sounding weird and distorted, and I couldn't fix it.

Luckily, I backed it up online, but the backup was is much older, it almost like restarting from the 50% mark. :banghead:

You sure you didn't hit the pitch slider by mistake? I've done that before, and thought nearly the same thing. It's to the right of the menu bar.

Yeah, I checked everything. The pitch was fine, but all of my VSTs were distorted and the sounds would mute intermittently. Even after restarting FL studio and reloading the flp file. And that particular mix was the only one that would do that.

I've never experienced anything like that before.

What sucks is, I remember how the later parts of the song go, but I cant remember how I customized the samples to sound the way they did, since I kinda tweak them as I go.

I was at least 95% finished, but my damn file got corrupted. The vst instruments I used started sounding weird and distorted, and I couldn't fix it.

Luckily, I backed it up online, but the backup was is much older, it almost like restarting from the 50% mark. :banghead:

Sorry to hear bro :-( Will you at least be able to look back over your old project file and copy/paste MIDI/automation data into your backed up project file? It sounds like if it's just the sound output on the corrupted file was borked, you could pretty easily recreate what you had... I hope :???:

All of you that have been kicking it into gear and working on your songs lately, thank you! You all rock :-D

Flexstyle has mine, just waiting for him to finish it. I'm bored so I'm doing other things in the meantime, heh

Can't wait for that..

Got something to be paneled if it isn't already, and I told Emunator if it's NO'd, which I think it will be (going over it I found lots of bugs I forgot to fix), I will fix it up with their suggestions, and we'll see if he thinks it good enough to go on the main album. so might have a solo on there too :) (And Brandon, be quiet lol [skype thing, lets just say Brandon is interesting when drunk])

So, I meant to announce this a while ago, but Brandon's finally finished with his 3rd and last song! We can now officially say that reggae has some representation on the album, and it's a very short-but-sweet interpretation of a nearly-unmixable source. Congratulations on not having to deal with me anymore!

The rest of you... I've gotten a few WIP updates here and there, and I know a LOT of you have said you're working on your song behind the scenes but haven't shown me any updates, so... plan on getting me something by the deadline. For those of you I still don't hear from by the 1st, your tracks will be marked as late and they'll be open to the public for competition again. I like the current state of our artist list so please don't make me remove you :-P

For the rest of you... lemme just say that December is going to be a huge month for the project. We've got some really kickass animated signatures brewing, and we may or may not be releasing some more preview material later in the month ;-) Stay tuned, we've got some good stuff in store!

Eh, pink is a manly color anyway. :lmassoff:

Little known fact, pink is actually my FAVORITE color -- has to do with a loved one who passed away. inb4gayjokes. -_- Which is why I was a slacker with this project, but when I realized Emunator wasn't going to give me the pink status despite wanting it so badly, I just decided to slap 2 craps together and call it a day.

ARUHGUHRG. People coming to visit all this week, can't do shit. You know I'm good for it though, right Emu?

NO! NEVER!

Just kidding, you know I love you. I just can't look like a softy in front of all these people who still think I'm gonna kick their ass if they don't meet my deadline. You're in the clear friend! ;)

P.S.: To anyone aside from AnSo reading this, I'm going to kick your ass if you don't meet my deadline! >:o

Oh hey, is that sum full tracklist that I see? :-D I think it is! Welcome Archangel to the project, he'll be tackling Jungle Jitter SNES, which I've been trying for the longest time to find someone for. His WIP is awesome though and totally does justice to the original, so this will hopefully mark the end of a very, very long journey searching for someone suitable to remix that source.

With that, the tracklist is 100% full. Some songs may open up when the deadline rolls around, but other than artist swaps, you may very well be looking at something very close to final in terms of track listings. Be amazed :-D

Don't fret, he sent me a message on FB. Here, I'll copy/paste it for you:

"Hey, I'm probably going to be a little late on getting you the next version of Draconiator's and my song, since I've been sick all weekend and my ears are full o' gunk and useless for mixing with. Just FYI. The next version you hear will most likely be a mostly-complete take, though."

You're fine :-)

The rest of you though... *shakes fist*

Harjawaldar's finally wrapped up his Boss Boogie remix for the project, making it the 27th song finished overall. It's definitely the shortest song on the project but it wraps up the short source tune into a very traditional metal remix that's going to be one-of-a-kind on the project.

In addition, I've also gotten confirmation from several bonus remixers that their songs are finished, so congrats to Danton F. and Acolyte on getting their songs done too! :-D

Alright, crunch time is here! Just wanted to let you know that we'll be leaking some cool stuff at the end of today after this deadline is all said and done, and I'll announce the date of the final deadline as well. So, let's get things started! I've already got 2 almost-finished WIPs from Peach and Malcos, and I'm hoping to hear many more by the end of the day.

Get to it! :-D

So, uhh, the deadline's passed. Thanks to Malcos, Peach, Chernabogue, and Blue Magic for the updates over the past two days. The rest of you make me sad :-( I've cut two artists and are currently working on replacing them. If you have been cut then you need to get me a WIP with significantly more progress before I find someone to replace your track, which I'll be getting on tomorrow.

The rest of you who haven't finished your songs yet, you've got until February 11th, 2011 (my birthday) to finish your songs. I will be very sad if you don't get them done, because I like the way the tracklist looks right now and I don't want to have to cut songs outright. That would suck. So please, get your songs into me ASAP so we don't have to push far past the deadline.

Now for the cool stuff!

I've updated the tracklist to reflect the current status, as well as give you guys a sneak preview of some of the awesome track names that artists have come up with :-P *ogles over "The Submap Emissary* :-P

Also, we've got a brand new batch of animated promo sig banners coming up in the next 48 hours, we're in the process of pimping them out with as much cool stuff as we can fit now :-) Stay tuned for that.

So, thanks to the few of you who turned something in today. I genuinely appreciate it :-)