Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

I just updated the tracklist with the current track lengths for all of the completed arrangements... mostly out of boredom, but I'm sure one or maybe two of you will find that information interesting. :whatevaa:

That's still a lot more unfinished songs than I wanted at this point... :-( However, I do have to thank those who DID get their work finished, including Zyko x1 and Sole Signal, who submitted their final WAVs to me today. That's pretty neat :-)

I just updated the tracklist with the current track lengths for all of the completed arrangements... mostly out of boredom, but I'm sure one or maybe two of you will find that information interesting. :whatevaa:

That's still a lot more unfinished songs than I wanted at this point... :-( However, I do have to thank those who DID get their work finished, including Zyko x1 and Sole Signal, who submitted their final WAVs to me today. That's pretty neat :-)

I'm that one. I never imagined so many tracks would be at least 6 MINUTES!!! A stream-of-consciousness move, but this is one of the reasons I'd say you're my favorite director tied with JaDE aRaN HaRuNo. This'll probably raise eyebrows because of the huge misunderstanding I caused between you and her.

What can I say? I'm a huge information whore :-P This is the kind of thing I would have completely OMGWTFBBQ'd over back during the production of Serious Monkey Business, even though it really doesn't have any consequence whatsoever. Still, I think the average song length for this project is above-average, with people like Zyko, Theophany, and ESPECIALLY Rozovian throwing off the curve :-P For some, that might be a bad thing, but I didn't let any super-repetitive songs get by either, so those long songs actually have substance to 'em! Just another reason to GET HYPE!

• 3 weeks later...

So many remixers have created fantastic tracks for this project. Congratulations to those who have completed theirs so far! I just hope that my remix can be even half as good as some of the brilliance I've heard in this album.

I uploaded a preview of "Cranky's Mojo" (a remix of Cranky's Dojo) to my YouTube channel, so if anyone is interested in listening to it, just click on the link below!

Ok, we've reached a little bit of a roadblock because a project artist broke my trust and leaked (and attempted to SELL) his project tracks without my consent. So, we're now 3 WAVs down. Ross Kmet has stepped in to take care of Hangin' with Funky. If you can do a rock/island/reggae/another appropriate genre that can fit with the album flow for Dixie Beat or Brothers Bear SNES, please get in touch ASAP.

As a note to other artists, please do not release your songs ahead of time without my express permission. I'm not opposed to you putting out teasers but do not put out any project material without asking me!!

Just heard about everyone's situation. THIS... THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Ok, things have been sorted out as far as I'm concerned. I feel like I reacted the best I could knowing what I did at the time, but it sounds like it was not an ill-intentioned act, but just a REALLY stupid mistake. So, all's well I guess.

But still, DON'T LEAK YOUR TRACKS, ANY OF YOU >:(

[disregard]

As a note to other artists, please do not release your songs ahead of time without my express permission. I'm not opposed to you putting out teasers but do not put out any project material without asking me!!

Yeah, whoever did that was a total ass. His/her tracks won't be missed in the least. Long live DKC3!!

I'm glad you didn't chop 3 songs over a regrettable misunderstanding or fluke event or whatever you'd call it, it proves you're really in this for the good of paying homage to the game instead of just being ultra-strict about 'possible leaks' -- leaks of songs that are not even remotely the highlight of the album, sadly. I mean sure if people hear them and they're like "wooh neat" then that's great, but amongst 50 other tracks, they probably aren't going to turn any heads, but we'll see.