Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

I thought the trick was that Akuma was dying, which I actually believed cause that guy goes to sleep at like 1pm every day, but then I remembered he's in Australia... but still, that's around 4am, can't be a healthy sleep schedule.. anyway hope you're doing ok Akuma. xD

Bear in mind just how tricky Emunator can be - he's certainly capable of more than one trick per conversation, and I'll fall for all of them. Akuma, to my best knowledge, is doing just fine.

Ok, status report. Things are sort of stagnating... again. I know a few of you are working on your tracks, and a LOT of you are literally just a session of work (at most) away from finishing your songs. It makes me sad that we're lagging so much at this state when we're really SO close to completion in almost every way.

Also, after two NO (resubs) Hoboka's decided to rework his track yet again into something that'll hopefully be up to par with the rest of the album. Aside from that, ilp0's gone incommunicado on me so unless I can get in touch with him, his track will probably get cut from the album. Shame, cause it's SUCH A GOOD WIP... full-length even :-( If you're reading this man, please get in touch!

Gimme some good news guys! I saw that Permafrost and Chasing Waterfalls were both YES'd by the panel, so congrats to Flex, Drac, and Damon on that. That's a good start, I want to hear more good things like that! :-)

Ok, status report. Things are sort of stagnating... again. I know a few of you are working on your tracks, and a LOT of you are literally just a session of work (at most) away from finishing your songs. It makes me sad that we're lagging so much at this state when we're really SO close to completion in almost every way.

I was JUST thinking this. You took the words out of my mouth! I'm also dismayed that we have to rework another track! Hopefully this cycle of reworking doesn't hit us like Super Dodge Ball Around the World last year. I can't wait to hear such tracks as Enchanted (602), Blast Beatdown (604), and Epic Bananas (610), and Intoxica (613).

Dismayed? If the song's not passed the panel in 2 attempts, maybe it's time for something to change? If the song is updated and enhanced to reach a higher quality bar (OCR passability is not really the be-all end-all, but in this case I agree with the judges on their call) I'd call that a victory in my mind and I look forward to hearing what Alex has in mind :-)

Also, here's some good news! When we get 10 more finished WAVs (at this rate, I think that'll mean 58 total, out of 62 or 63.) we're going to put out one more massive preview track, bigger than any of the previous ones we've put out. It'll feature a combination of segments from brand new tracks, different clips from tracks we've already shown, and clips from songs that have been updated since the last preview! It's going to be amazing, but we're not going to release it until we get 10 more WAVs from artists who have yet to finish their songs. (No, songs that were done but need mastering don't count :-P )

So, whoever still has unfinished songs, do what you need to to get it done! It will be worth it!

So, we've hit another minor setback. I was showing the project to Prophecy, and he has determined that Disc 2 sucks. In fact, it sucked from the start, and I'm not sure how I missed it before. The songs were just all wrong, and it took a true musical genius such as Prophecy to bring this to my attention. And, fittingly, who better to go back and fix that entire disc than Prophecy himself? I assume he'll have all those final WAVs in the next week or so, as soon as he's done battling Australian space mutants and saving the world.

But while we're at it, I looked through the rest of the tracklist and discovered that, to my surprise, a lot of other songs on the project sucked to. I've made some arrangements to hook certain artists up with collaborations to help them get their songs up to par! A few highlights from the new, revised roster:

• Cranky's Showdown is now being tackled by an army of Nazi zombies that were summoned from the dead by AkumajoBelmont's voice!
  • Virt, GrayLightning, and Disco Dan have ressurrected from the dead to take on a credits theme remix!
  • Dave Wise is now collaborating with a bunch of OCRemixers, who are finally going to show him how to make a real ReMix, after admitting that he has no idea how to write music and has been faking it this whole time.
  • Diggi Dis's mega rap collab has dumped all the whack MC's that were originally on the track, in favor of some more respectable rap artists that REALLY care about the DKC series!
  • Special guest artists Bob Dylan, deadmau5, Dragonforce, and OA's mom have taken notice of the project and offered to contribute too!

We hope you enjoy these roster changes, and will be patient with us as we rework the parts of the album that suck in order to make them not suck. Rest assured, it will be worth it in the end!

Emunator getting mad = awesome;

I'm not mad, I'm just... disappointed.

xP

Serious though, if there's anything tangible to come out of this fit of randomness, check the very top of the first post! Oh, what is that? :shock:Is that some ARTWORK preview? :-D It might be 4 months late, but better nate than lever!

kGvcj.jpg

Also, I'm gonna reiterate this, because this was actually real:

Also, here's some good news! When we get 10 more finished WAVs (at this rate, I think that'll mean 58 total, out of 62 or 63.) we're going to put out one more massive preview track, bigger than any of the previous ones we've put out. It'll feature a combination of segments from brand new tracks, different clips from tracks we've already shown, and clips from songs that have been updated since the last preview! It's going to be amazing, but we're not going to release it until we get 10 more WAVs from artists who have yet to finish their songs. (No, songs that were done but need mastering don't count )

So, whoever still has unfinished songs, do what you need to to get it done! It will be worth it!

DO IT :-D

Sure man, I assumed you'd gotten in touch with Flexstyle, hence my lack of replies, but we're not gonna release until all the songs are actually mastered :-)

It's been over a week since I PMed Flexstyle so I guess he's too busy with other things to be on this project :<

As for you, I'd cut you slack since you probably have to empty your inbox every few days now.

If someone has a macro in FL that lets me auto-export stems that will be awesome too.