Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

FINALLY! My personal favorite and most underrated game in the series is getting a proper treatment! When this comes out, I will be frothing at the mouth with nostalgia as I twitch with glee, my childhood forcably bursting from my chest Alien style to breakdance to these sick beats! :mrgreen:

I'm going to laugh if I can convince any of you suckers to actually agree to evaluating the WHOLE project. I'm guessing we'll probably split it up into two, although I'll still be doing a full writeup for each track... at that rate I could probably vote on about 3/4ths of the submissions on the judges panel currently in that same amount of time :-P

Video preview will be coming soon, I promise. And it will be absolutely worth the wait. I promise. I spliced it together from custom-recorded footage recorded by Cody, and synced it with over 11 minutes of remixes. I believe we touched on 20 songs in the preview. Drew Gourley's going to rock out something flashy and awesome once he gets his new production rig, so just be patient and we'll hopefully have the preview out before the end of the month.

Love you all <3

Video preview will be coming soon, I promise. And it will be absolutely worth the wait. I promise. I spliced it together from custom-recorded footage recorded by Cody, and synced it with over 11 minutes of remixes. I believe we touched on 20 songs in the preview. Drew Gourley's going to rock out something flashy and awesome once he gets his new production rig, so just be patient and we'll hopefully have the preview out before the end of the month.

Love you all <3

Hurry, hurry, HURRY!!!!!!!!

Okay so this is what...the 3 millionth revision of my remix, this time with Flexstyle. The style is a hybrid of orchestral (original I know) and Nine Inch Nails-ish electronica. I must say I'm sort of tired of the source tune and hope to the flaming Gods I don't have to touch it again.

Anyways, I'm pretty proud of the fact that I managed to survive the entire remxing process (and proud of Flexstyle's devotion too) and I hope that you guys enjoy it as much as I used to. :sleepdepriv:

wrong thread my bad.

Where's GTAHater?

:(

He'd love this thread right now.

Yessss.... I love how everything turned out, and I concur with Draconiator's last post. And before I forget this question yet again: Seeing that Serious Monkey Business got almost half of its songs singled for O-Clocked, is this album likely to get more tracks than that singled?

Edit: And I don't know where you heard that, Strader, but don't believe it!

Yessss.... I love how everything turned out, and I concur with Draconiator's last post. And before I forget this question yet again: Seeing that Serious Monkey Business got almost half of its songs singled for O-Clocked, is this album likely to get more tracks than that singled?

The real question is: does that matter in regards to this album coming out? The answer is no.

Each album gets a small amount of "floodposts", left up to the discretion of both the OCR Staff (mostly djp) and the album director. There's no set number of songs for the flood, nor a set percentage of tracks that will be flooded. It depends mostly on album size combined with track quality. It is rare to have over six or seven flood mixes unless the album is unequivocally huge. Beyond floodposts, it merely depends on who subbed their tracks and got them passed by the judges panel.

I would be looking at this album based on its own merrit, rather than comparing it to Kong in Concert or Serious Monkey Business. :nicework: