Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

I'm anticipating the South Park Season 16 kickoff on March 14, and the Academy Awards on February 25, but perhaps Emunator or someone else can clear up Strader's last post. If this doesn't get released in March like was said, this would be a devastating blow particularly to me; the Golden Raspberry Awards already got pushed back more than a month today (not until April Fool's Day now), and if March is out of the question for Double the Trouble, then I'm fast running out of things to look forward to this winter.

March may have been some excited misinformation (forgivable!) from what I've heard from Emu

:(

All I know is, last time Emu & I talked about the release date (2 or 3 weeks ago) he was like...

[22:19] Cody Wedel: realistically, when will the album come out now? june?

[22:19] Emunator: hahaha

[22:19] Emunator: still looking at march

...and, recently (about 3 or 4 days ago, if that) he told me a lot of good news about the things we're waiting on. My bad for misinforming you all, guys... it should be out BEFORE June though :P

Honestly, I have no idea when it's coming out :-P We were initially looking at March, but there's a lot of other albums that we're really just not sure where they'll fit in the release schedule. All I can say is that I'm really trying to put the pressure on the remaining artists to get this finished up, but the eval process is already underway.

I was being a bit facetious in the conversation with Strader (as I always am when talking to him) so I don't think March is out of the question but it's far, far from set in stone.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion about what the status is here. Sorry to unintentionally get your hopes up and/or crush them prematurely. When I know, you guys will know.

EDIT: Also, Brandon, you a stupid ho! you a, you a stupid ho!

Umm, so... stuff.

Enchanted is now a collab between The Concrete Men (Jason Covenant, Flexstyle, and AkumajoBelmont) and I've heard an updated WIP for it. It's like the 6th different iteration this track has gone through but with any luck, this latest concept will stick!

Water World (ambient) is getting there, Theophany gave me an update today and it utilizes some really cool sampling techniques... specifically, sampling instruments from other project remixes! I'll leave the details a surprise but it's sounding killer.

Stilt Village GBA is about 90% done, and veteran-badass Fishy is gonna be laying down some sex to round the track off. It's officially the longest song on the project now, so be prepared!

That's it. Once that's done, we're pretty much ready to prep for release. Project eval is already underway and it's looking fine... so this is really truly wrapping up now. I swear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey i though emulator say it comes out this march now it's not coming out in march but don't worry the other album will come out this march so i could be patient of that

I'm personally getting very frustrated with emulator. First emulator won't run certain roms, then emulator stops working completely and all the save files corrupted. Now you're telling me that emulator is behind on the remix album? What's next?

I'm personally getting very frustrated with emulator. First emulator won't run certain roms, then emulator stops working completely and all the save files corrupted. Now you're telling me that emulator is behind on the remix album? What's next?

I've had a really lousy day, but this cheered me up. Thanks a lot. =D

And to all you pseudolurkers out there: leave emulator alone. If it were his call, the album would have been out a year ago.

Wait patiently in the shadows where you belong. =P