Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

Alright guys, first off, I REALLY apologize for the long period of radio silence lately. That's not really fair to anybody who's been anticipating this for so long, and really we've waited more than enough on these last few tracks.

So, I'll be chatting with Flexstyle (I've already spoken with Theophany) about getting a game plan together to finish this project within 2 weeks at the MOST, hopefully sooner. Not sure exactly how we're going to tackle these remaining two tracks but somehow or another, we'll get them wrapped up so we can move forward with the release of the project.

Thanks all for your patience and I apologize for being a sucky director as of late. Life's fallen on top of me and lately I've just been too busy to devote any time to the site. Now that summer time is here, I expect that to change substantially. Let's get this done, I'll be asking around shortly if we end up needing any outside help to get the remaining remixes finished.

I'm really excited to hear this. I've been waiting for this album for a loooong time, and I'll be eagerly awaiting its release!!

Thanks all for your patience and I apologize for being a sucky director as of late.

Haha, dude, no one's blaming you. It's not like you've just been screwing around (I assume ;P ), so we totally understand! As everybody's said, we're with you guys, regardless of when this thing releases. :D

Just to tide you guys over, I've included one of the bonus tracks off the album in my latest podcast. GET EXCITE.

came for the bonus track, stayed for the rest of the podcast

i will subscribe to your newsletter post-haste

Awesome track!!! :'D I assume that's Swanky's Sideshow, can't tell who the artist(s) is/are though.

I'm guessing this purely because his name is in the tags for the podcast, but I think it might be Akumajo? Whoever it is, the track is totally not what I was expecting! Really creative and impressive stuff!

Loving the couple of tracks that have been released so far (this one, mojo gogo, and the previews count as well, I guess); if they are indeed indicative of the quality of the album as a whole, daaaaaaaang we're in for something spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...
I AM EXCITED... now what do I do? Other than the obvious: check back religiously for updates....

Me, too! ;-) Every day I come here. One day there will be a surprise. It is imminent. And on that day, we will all dance around like monkeys!

Im gonna sit in the shower and cry as I listen to this album... You guys are gonna get hella money from me for this one (or whatever I can afford). OCR is AMAZING!!!

By order of the almighty Presiding Judge Emunator, all your money are belong to us!

If I keep visiting O-Clocked with this not being released, I might drive myself crazy. I have only one idea left:

Emunator, I'll need to send one of this project's staff members my email address, and have them email me through my standard email when this project finally gets released. Only then should I return to O-Clocked. Anyone volunteer to alert me when Double the Trouble launches?

To be 100% honest, there is nothing I want more than for others to hear how fantastic this album is. I really truly mean that; the last 2 years would've been absolutely drastically different had I not been part of this project and had so much amazing listening material to choose from. After having super busy school/workdays, nothing more would I look forward to than working with Emu on things pertaining to this project. I'm not even remotely exaggerating. Truly it's been an honor and privilege, and Double the Trouble has proven to be the one album--OC ReMix or not--that I can listen to indefinitely without eventually burning out on the stuff.

This is my personal Thank You to both OC ReMix, Emunator & the incredibly talented folk who've demonstrated their talents on this project. :)

@GTAHater: if you're interested, I'll alert you with details the moment we publicize a release date. Let me know how this resonates with you.

I just found out about this project about, 3 months ago. I can't wait for release! I've listened to all the previews over and over again. Quick question though, are the GBA and SNES tracks mixed on this album, or are they on separate disks?

@GTAHater: if you're interested, I'll alert you with details the moment we publicize a release date. Let me know how this resonates with you.

Before I sign on to this, will you be emailing me via my outside email? Or personal messaging me on O-Clocked? Or somehow else?

I'd be up for anything you suggest, haha. I could easily PM you here if you've got it so where notifications are automatically sent to your email, but if not I'd have no problems with anything else.

I just found out about this project about, 3 months ago. I can't wait for release! I've listened to all the previews over and over again. Quick question though, are the GBA and SNES tracks mixed on this album, or are they on separate disks?

Ah, good question. Discs 1 and 2 are the SNES side of the album; Disc 3 is entirely GBA. What's really interesting about the tracklist is that each disc could be considered a separate adventure from one another. You'll see what I mean when the album comes out, haha!

However, I should mention that the bonus disc includes both SNES and GBA tracks somewhat mixed up (depending on how you look at it). It starts off with SNES tracks and then goes onto GBA. Once the last GBA track is over, alternate/ambient versions of a few SNES main album tracks then come into play. So we're pretty good about separating the SNES and GBA tracks for the most part :-D

You can see the pretty-much-final tracklist on the main page in disc order, which includes the track titles and small icons (each cropped from individual to-be-released 300x200 sprite banners) for each track. Just to kind of give you an idea regarding how appropriate the tracklist is :-)