Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

I can now officially say that WE HAVE FISHY'S GUITAR SOLO FOR BENEATH THE MOONLIGHT IN HAND! This is happening! Thanks for the help Cain! We're getting closer!

I'm not sure words can properly express how unbelievable it is to have Theophany, Harmony, Fishy, and Jeff Ball all contributing to the same track that clocks in at over 9 minutes in length. This will be a remix of legendary status.

I can now officially say that WE HAVE FISHY'S GUITAR SOLO FOR BENEATH THE MOONLIGHT IN HAND! This is happening! Thanks for the help Cain! We're getting closer!

I'm not sure words can properly express how unbelievable it is to have Theophany, Harmony, Fishy, and Jeff Ball all contributing to the same track that clocks in at over 9 minutes in length. This will be a remix of legendary status.

I'm just waiting for them to finish said remix :-P

Ok, some good and bad news.

Bad news is, we're officially cutting our losses with the AkumajoBelmont version of Enchanted. We've been waiting almost 2 years for that track to come together and after going through literally 4 or 5 different iterations, it's still nowhere closer to complete than it was 2 years ago.

As a consolation, I'll post all the works in progress that we had for Enchanted in the next day or so, so you guys can at least have some listening material for the time being.

The GOOD NEWS is that Flexstyle, being the saintly hero that he is, has already started on a totally different mix for the source that should be finished in the next week. It's totally cheeseball and while it doesn't aim to mimic or replace what Akuma and co.'s vision for Enchanted Riverbank, I guarantee it will be fun and extremely catchy.

So yeah, that means that we seriously can have this project wrapped up in the next week or so. The biggest bottleneck now is just waiting for Theophany to get back from vacation so he can finalize Beneath the Moonlight and Distant Dreams on Stormy Seas and render final WAVs for both of them.

This is a major step towards completion, I hope you all will forgive us (read: me) for the huge amount of time spent waiting for these two tracks. It's been a hell of an ordeal but I can confidently say that we're REALLY in the home stretch now. I appreciate all your patience, we're ALMOST THERE!!

Ok, some good and bad news.

Bad news is, we're officially cutting our losses with the AkumajoBelmont version of Enchanted. We've been waiting almost 2 years for that track to come together and after going through literally 4 or 5 different iterations, it's still nowhere closer to complete than it was 2 years ago.

As a consolation, I'll post all the works in progress that we had for Enchanted in the next day or so, so you guys can at least have some listening material for the time being.

The GOOD NEWS is that Flexstyle, being the saintly hero that he is, has already started on a totally different mix for the source that should be finished in the next week. It's totally cheeseball and while it doesn't aim to mimic or replace what Akuma and co.'s vision for Enchanted Riverbank, I guarantee it will be fun and extremely catchy.

So yeah, that means that we seriously can have this project wrapped up in the next week or so. The biggest bottleneck now is just waiting for Theophany to get back from vacation so he can finalize Beneath the Moonlight and Distant Dreams on Stormy Seas and render final WAVs for both of them.

This is a major step towards completion, I hope you all will forgive us (read: me) for the huge amount of time spent waiting for these two tracks. It's been a hell of an ordeal but I can confidently say that we're REALLY in the home stretch now. I appreciate all your patience, we're ALMOST THERE!!

countdown to thread exploding in 5... 4... 3... 2...

That's great news! Except for the AkumajoBelmont part. That's unfortunate.

But hey! The album's going to wrap up REAL soon! [PARTY]

You could release it as a bonus track. Other projects, like Sonic 3, have released WiPs as bonus tracks. :)

You could release it as a bonus track. Other projects, like Sonic 3, have released WiPs as bonus tracks. :)

I GOT IT! I KNOW WHAT CAN BE DONE!

Someone should take all the WiPs of Enchanted, and remix them bootleg-style. Hence, a remix of a[n unfinished] remix! Then that remix could go on the album as a bonus track or something!

Man! Shame it had to come to that regarded Enchanted; I know it was one of the more anticipated tracks on the album. But I'm looking forward to hearing all of these iterations, and hearing what Flexstyle brings to the source. :D

Getting pumped!

:-D Brandon you are so full of yourself; it's amusing. It's always good to have you and your humor around. ;-)

I am insulted that you would insinuate that I am poop. I am full of that; but not of myself.

Alas in this instance I am still not full of poop either. If the stems and midi data were delivered to me, I could turn this over in a considerable amount of time. (Although at the moment I have Sonic Compo and a very important IRL song to make -this week-) But it would probably be ready by the time the other people are ready.

This is all hypothetical of course, I've asked before and been shot down. :tomatoface:

I am insulted that you would insinuate that I am poop. I am full of that; but not of myself.

Alas in this instance I am still not full of poop either. If the stems and midi data were delivered to me, I could turn this over in a considerable amount of time. (Although at the moment I have Sonic Compo and a very important IRL song to make -this week-) But it would probably be ready by the time the other people are ready.

This is all hypothetical of course, I've asked before and been shot down. :tomatoface:

when did I mention poop? or are you insinuating that you are s-

ANYWAY, I have no doubt you could get this done, in fact that would be cool to hear.

It could be done killer studio chops style! or in this case, killer studio chimp!

waiting for this album has gotten so bad that I couldn't stop myself from hunting down the ROM for this game and loading it into my android emulator.

When my emulator rejected it, I had to go hunt down another android emulator just to play it.

AAAAAAA WHEN WILL THIS WAITING NIGHTMARE END???

Anorax: I've found that SNesoid runs DKC3 absolutely beautifully on Android (I own the original Motorola Droid). I'd imagine it probably runs even better on later models. :-)

I'll just go ahead and say that it doesn't look like Drew Gourley's going to finish up the video preview, so Emunator, myself and project remixer Peach will be putting it together instead. The video preview's coming. It will be soon and it will be totally worth the wait. That I guarantee.

Anorax: I've found that SNesoid runs DKC3 absolutely beautifully on Android (I own the original Motorola Droid). I'd imagine it probably runs even better on later models. :-)

Well, I found something called SNESDroid, don't know if they're similar.

However, now I can't beat Belcha in world one because it involves holding down Y and jumping. It's... just not working like it should.