Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

I'd appreciate it if nobody leaked any 100% finished tracks before the album releases. Sorry about that.

Some great news coming in the next day or two though... hang tight everybody :-)

This. I know I did release a track through my podcast, but (a) it was a bonus track, rather than a "true" album track, and (B) I ran the idea past Emu before I did it.

Just curious, is this both the GBA and SNES soundtracks?

SNES only, sorry.

Technically, I don't think that link follows forum rules, as that could be construed as piracy. As much as I'd like to have the soundtrack in such a nice little package, I don't know if the mods will want to leave the link up. :neutral:

I don't know... there is no official album for DKC3. I don't know if that is piracy. It's from my personal collection.

Flexstyle's got it right, and that's why I refrained from uploading and posting my own GBA rip even though there was clearly not an official release of that soundtrack. The music itself is copyrighted and apparently downloading game music is actually considered a pretty big deal by some game companies (which is why a few YouTubers have had their accounts terminated for hosting video game music).

I don't agree with the law in this case, and I feel there's a huge difference between this and, say, downloading purchasable music or a video game ROM, but it's still an issue nonetheless.

I'd appreciate it if nobody leaked any 100% finished tracks before the album releases. Sorry about that.

Some great news coming in the next day or two though... hang tight everybody :-)

Yeah! Besides, it might stoke excitement for a little while, but it would be that much more surprise spoiled, and the excitement would dip lower than it was before the track was leaked.

Four days later...

Meanwhile, I think the problem the game companies have with game rips is that if they let us download it at will, anyone could make games that reuse them, which would somehow hurt the companies. Flexstyle, do you have a better idea as to why?

Meanwhile, I think the problem the game companies have with game rips is that if they let us download it at will, anyone could make games that reuse them, which would somehow hurt the companies. Flexstyle, do you have a better idea as to why?

Nah, it's not so much that as it's just the same as any other piece of recorded music. Right now, federal law prevents the unauthorized distribution of copyrighted works, and posting a zip of a game soundtrack, even if there's no "official" album, is definitely unauthorized distribution of copyrighted works. The music is certainly under copyright law, even though the initial distribution media is a bit different.

Well, we figured out one thing, we need Doctor Emmet Brown AND the Delorean here STAT!!! Emunator got lost in the folds of time and we gotta go rescue him!

what seriosuly i have been waiting for so long to see the albumn release is that crazy that people will like it come on do this for the fans when i was a producer of the project i will not do the same thing as you are so i am disapointed so fell about that i want this album so badly emulator promise us a releas album this year it begin developed since 2010 and now this can't belive you say that so sorry i disapointed and i am not dealing with this

what seriosuly i have been waiting for so long to see the albumn release is that crazy that people will like it come on do this for the fans when i was a producer of the project i will not do the same thing as you are so i am disapointed so fell about that i want this album so badly emulator promise us a releas album this year it begin developed since 2010 and now this can't belive you say that so sorry i disapointed and i am not dealing with this
when i was a producer of the project i will not do the same thing as you are

I can't even begin to process that tense change.

Ew, real lack of appreciation here. You really disgust me, you ungrateful prick.

It's that time again (sorry if I offend anyone for this...)

what seriosuly i have been waiting for so long to see the albumn release

is that crazy that people will like it come on

do this for the fans

when i was a producer of the project i will not do the same thing as you are so i am disapointed

so fell about that i want this album so badly

emulator promise us a releas album this year

it begin developed since 2010 and now this can't belive you say that

so sorry i disapointed and i am not dealing with this

shall I translate?

again apologies if anyone gets upset with this:

what seriosuly?! I have been waiting for so long to see the albumn release!!!

is that crazy that people will like it? come on!

do this for the fans

If i were a producer of the project i would not do the same thing as you are so i am disappointed

so down about that, i want this album so badly!

emunator promise us the album releases this year

it's been in development since 2010 and now this?! I can't belive you'd say that

so sorry i disapointed and i am not dealing with this

Google Translate much? (I feel like I'm being a major dick with all this.)

Anywho, Happy 4th everyone!