Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

No :P it has spoilers!

This reminds me that there's still that one big secret that we're not supposed to find out about until release and now I'm all excited again DANG IT.

I've been listening to the final preview over and over the past couple of weeks, and I must say, I'm really impressed with the fact that I haven't gotten tired of it yet, haha. Seriously, I think it's a testament to the quality of the music that I can listen to ~20- 30-second-long samples of a bunch of different songs repeatedly and not grow bored with it. I eagerly await the opportunity to infinitely loop the full album. :D

This reminds me that there's still that one big secret that we're not supposed to find out about until release and now I'm all excited again DANG IT.

Glad to hear nobody's forgotten about this promise that will still be delivered upon ;-)

Final prep is going great, I've got some more clerical work to do and the trailer/website still need to be finished but we're VERY close to wrapped up with the project. More news to come soon!

ALL songs must have write-ups even though only 10 of 'em will have those write-ups featured in the flood posts the other 60 or so write-ups will purely be for Emunator's self enjoyment.

nah, Emunator's going to do a dramatic reading of all the write-ups and include the recording as a bonus track on the bonus disc

Great, so I guess we have to wait for the copyright infringement magnet to finish its moment in the spotlight on the front page before this album is released. So at least another month?

At this point, you are more of a copyright infringement liability than that album. OCR worked it out with Square-Enix, which is more than I can say for your mom and her blatant copying of God's design.

Great, so I guess we have to wait for the copyright infringement magnet to finish its moment in the spotlight on the front page before this album is released. So at least another month?

I don't think that's at all fair to the people who have put so much work into keeping OCR out of legal trouble. Please, a little respect.

And hey, another month certainly ain't gonna kill this project!

I don't think that's at all fair to the people who have put so much work into keeping OCR out of legal trouble. Please, a little respect.

Geez, I didn't realize that everyone would take that so hard.

And a little prospective due diligence would have done a FAR better job of keeping OCR out of legal trouble than retrospective damage control. Seriously, anyone with smidgen of IP law expertise could have predicted that as soon as you do a Kickstarter for any kind of video game music remix, you're going to attract the ire of the property holder, regardless of the legal bases for its claims.

Anyhow, it's great that so much work has been put into making sure the Kickstarter is now making Square Enix happy, but the entire debacle could have been very easily avoided by just approaching them to begin with. I would have said something myself, but (1) I assumed that this had already been done and (2) I don't have the time to investigate into these kind of things on my own.

I apologize for insulting anyone, though.

At this point, you are more of a copyright infringement liability than that album. OCR worked it out with Square-Enix, which is more than I can say for your mom and her blatant copying of God's design.

Classy and eloquent, as always.

I don't blame them; it was quite the dick thing to say. But enough about that, let's refrain from further derailing the thread and instead talk about the topic of DKC3.

About that... realistically, release shouldn't be too terribly long from now and the wait certainly won't deteriorate the quality of the album. In fact, I think the closer the release is to the end of the year, the better. I'm hoping it releases in late November / early December personally.

Seriously, anyone with smidgen of IP law expertise could have predicted that as soon as you do a Kickstarter for any kind of video game music remix, you're going to attract the ire of the property holder, regardless of the legal bases for its claims.

yeah because there are so many precedents, you know, for lawyers to like, you know, check out

you know

of course you do

Yo can we not derail this with Kickstarter drama? Pretty please? :whatevaa:

As for the release date question, I won't speak to that definitively, solely because every previous time I've said anything about when we're planning to release, we've ended up being way off the mark. I don't necessarily have any reason to expect that to happen this time around, but you never know and I'd rather not raise expectations at this point. The best laid plans of mice and men... But dammit, I'm trying my best to get this released soon, and I know the rest of staff is doing the same :-)