Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

On October's Day, I went darn near euphoric when I heard that this would be out by the end of December; That means we don't have to wait longer than the holiday season for it!

Listening to the "Past Previews All in One" and "Final Preview", I contemplated something. "Party's Over There" and "Funky's Tricks" kind of take me back to my childhood. In a city north of the college I attend, two of my parents' friends lived in a high-end affluent neighborhood/district. That also happened to be when DKC3 was released. That's when I knew that "Party's Over There" and "Funky's Tricks" were the songs to... take home to my family, because those two songs remind me of that particular neighborhood. In other words, if I was to present any of your work to my family, I'd send 'em links to those two tracks. Note that that's only based on the previews, I haven't heard them in their entirety yet.

I thought FF6 was supposed to come out in December. It'd make more sense if this came out in November or January, but.... that's just speculationary observations.

Shosh Brandon you're making it more complicated than it already is. :-P

My suggestion would be to release it for Christmas 2012 if possible. DKC3 has the Christmas edition for the bonus levels so it makes perfect sense. Please, try to release it in time for Christmas, it would be the best Christmas present in a lifetime.

My suggestion would be to release it for Christmas 2012 if possible. DKC3 has the Christmas edition for the bonus levels so it makes perfect sense. Please, try to release it in time for Christmas, it would be the best Christmas present in a lifetime.

xmaskongs.jpg

maybe next year!

comic sans lol

To Strader: I worded that last comment too vaguely. I wasn't taking solely about December. I was talking about the entire 80-90 day interval between OCR02500 and Christmas. But now that you mention it, November sounds the most likely for Double the Trouble. I DID hear them say Q4 after all.

To all else: Is there any chance Epic Bananas, Cliffside Clamber, or Blast Beatdown will be posted any time after Double the Trouble releases, either immediately or months/years afterward?

Is there any chance Epic Bananas, Cliffside Clamber, or Blast Beatdown will be posted any time after Double the Trouble releases, either immediately or months/years afterward?

During the album's progress Emunator and I have discussed extensively which select remixes we'd like to see as day-one mixposts. Epic Bananas and Cliffside Clamber are extremely likely candidates. I remember discussing Blast Beatdown, though I can't recall whether or not we decided on its status as a mixpost (it's been several months since we've gone over them).

Cliffside Clamber is unfortunately unlikely eligible. I should mention that the KS mentions that FF6 is being targeted for December 18th. Infer what you will from that *shrug* .

Three possible schedules arise if djpretzel's claim of a Q4 2012 release for Double the Trouble is to be believed:

*If Balance and Ruin releases on schedule, plus or minus a week, Double the Trouble will have to release either this month or November to get enough exposure for some 70 tracks.

*If Balance and Ruin gets ahead of schedule and releases in November, Double the Trouble will probably release in December, about a month later than Balance and Ruin, so that Balance may get adequate exposure.

*If Balance and Ruin gets behind schedule and releases after New Year's, then Double the Trouble will most likely release in November or December.

To zircon: Will Balance & Ruin get an OCRA catalog number as an official O-Clocked album?

To djpretzel: In the off chance that you see this message, what are the odds that your prediction of a Q4 2012 release is wrong?

To Emunator: I seem to recall you saying once that the release date would be announced shortly in advance of the release. Are you still planning to announce a release date 3 or 4 weeks before it happens? (This particular question does not imply any specific point in time)

Three possible schedules arise if djpretzel's claim of a Q4 2012 release for Double the Trouble is to be believed:

*If Balance and Ruin releases on schedule, plus or minus a week, Double the Trouble will have to release either this month or November to get enough exposure for some 70 tracks.

*If Balance and Ruin gets ahead of schedule and releases in November, Double the Trouble will probably release in December, about a month later than Balance and Ruin, so that Balance may get adequate exposure.

*If Balance and Ruin gets behind schedule and releases after New Year's, then Double the Trouble will most likely release in November or December.

To zircon: Will Balance & Ruin get an OCRA catalog number as an official O-Clocked album?

To djpretzel: In the off chance that you see this message, what are the odds that your prediction of a Q4 2012 release is wrong?

To Emunator: I seem to recall you saying once that the release date would be announced shortly in advance of the release. Are you still planning to announce a release date 3 or 4 weeks before it happens? (This particular question does not imply any specific point in time)

Honestly, I have no idea :-P It'll be out when it's out. I don't think I've thought this through nearly as much as you have.

Cliffside Clamber is unfortunately unlikely eligible.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that consensus... makes me a sad panda. Cliffside is not only one of my favorite tracks on the album, but it's one of my all-time favorite remixes. In any case I certainly hope it's accepted as well as (I think) it deserves to be.

Another runner-up for "favorite album track" is the bonus disc Water World SNES remix 'Dive'. If you like the original source and/or laidback music, you'll love it!

I eagerly await the opportunity to infinitely loop the full album. :D

I'm not sure what I'm happier about: that you feel so strongly about the album, or the fact that I can testify that it's definitely one you could infinitely loop without getting tired of it :P

Hah, funny you mention "infinite looping..."

Without giving too much away, I will say that the GBA disc of the album is designed so that the gapless playback not only works between the tracks themselves, but also between the end of the last track and the beginning of the first track ;-) You'll see how we pulled it off when the album drops, but that little bit of continuity is something I'm pretty proud of!

• 2 weeks later...