Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

If you haven't already checked it out in its entirety, I urge you guys to all listen to the GBA soundtrack while you wait for the album to release. Really familiarize yourself with these arrangements because it will make a huge difference when you listen to some of the GBA remixes, it's hard to fully appreciate a remix until you know where it was derived from. This is some of Dave Wise's best work to date, I can't think of a better way to wait out the weeks/months/years ( ;-) ) before this album drops!

I concur with the above post.

The soundtrack touches me in ways other game soundtracks haven't. When I listen to it, I don't want it to end. The tracks sound really gritty and the production is not very good (as one would expect from a GBA) but the arrangements are SO GOOD, and as far as individual song quality goes I'd say the music is right on par with DKC2, if not better. I strongly adore it, and this is coming from someone who initially hated the soundtrack because it was different (I was barely 14, gimme a break :P).

When I listen to Jangle Bells, I don't see Swanky's Dash or Tearaway Toboggan....I see white-washed blends of gray mixed in with smooth, metallic deliciousness. Nuts and Bolts doesn't remind me of Fire Ball Frenzy, but instead gives off dark, hazy, purplish hues with elements of a greenish gas. Waterfall is pure, crystalized ice with light blues and yellows. I can't even DESCRIBE how awesome Mill Fever looks. When I listen to GBA I go on a trip and see colors/textures of all sorts multiple times, something no other album, video game or not, has come even remotely close to for me. (Ok, there was that one time with Shpongle and LSD... hah, jk).

It`s a very cute drawing and it will make a great artwork for the album! Thank you for sharing with us in the anticipation of the album. The spirit of the game and its music is captured in this artwork. I still like the DKC2 cover art the most, which also captured the game`s spirit very well.

The artwork for DKC3 album is very positive, lively, creative, reminds of nature-exploring and nice moments in the Northern Kremisphere.

Thank you..let us enjoy music in the near future. Can`t wait! Wooo!

Edit: I would only suggest making the artwork a little darker and less yellow, more like this (I think this makes it perfect):

comparis.jpg

You guys like album art, right?

Of course you do.

Here's some album art.

483450_2519749930174_201577203_n.jpg

so...

finger inconsistency bothers me a bit, mainly the fact that they each have one hand with four fingers and the other with three.

other than that, it's a very nice cover! Who did this?

so...

finger inconsistency bothers me a bit, mainly the fact that they each have one hand with four fingers and the other with three.

other than that, it's a very nice cover! Who did this?

Yeah, I noticed the finger inconsistency as well. Though I did want to point out that one hand has five and the other has four. I'm sure that's what you meant :P

The Maverickk did the cover art above. He also did some really incredible discwork -- you'll all love it :)

while we're pointing out flaws...i cant be the only one who scoffed at this "artists" rendition of the barrel. the vessel depicted here could generously be said to exceed a volume of 100 L, and could scarcely be expected to fit an ape of kiddy kong's girth, much less two in their adolescence.

i think i speak for all of us when i say that, given the high profile nature of this album, and if for no other reason than the sake of authenticity, the cover be modified to show kiddy kong's lifeless body sinking slowly to the bottom of the river, with dixie clutching the bottom of the barrel through which kiddy has now rent a gaping hole, desperately struggling to maintain her grip, but in vain, for want of a fifth finger