Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

Just in the interest of giving a status update to those curious:

• Brandon Strader is 100% finished with his Dixie Beat remix, becoming the 2nd person to get me a completely finished song! *applause* :-D
  • Blue Magic's been doing some serious work on Waterfall (GBA) and has also taken on another track - Big Boss Blues.
  • Halc, too, has been putting some solid effort into both of his songs.
  • 8-Bit Instrumental is the 4th artist to join the "silver club," and is finishing up with a Crazy Calypso song that I think everyone will love :-)
  • AMT, Vampire Hunter Dan, Harjawaladar and Theophany are all working hard on their songs (as far as I'm aware, anyway!)
  • Mazedude will have a final WAV in any day now, his track is probably the best one I've heard so far!

That's about it - thanks to everyone who's taken initiative to get things done in the last 3 days. I've been beside myself with excitement about how much progress many of you have made lately. Thanks all! :-D To the rest of you, get on it, you've got less than a month before the deadline!

Wait, what? The GBA soundtrack is not only different but also by Dave Wise? Wtf. :o

YouTube won't load for me right now so I can't check it out. God damn.

Edit: Okay, this is kind of bizarre. DKC3 had fairly superb music, whatever compelled them to completely change it like this? Some of it is pretty sweet, but none of the several I've sampled hit the mood like the originals. Some of the DKC3 music was incredibly haunting, especially Treetop Tumble. Bit weird to hear that replaced with an upbeat Jungle Book-esque groove.

Still, cool the music exists for remixing. The more music in the album the better. :D

Double post, but I wanted to formally welcome AkumajoBelmont to the project. He's got a concept brewing for Enchanted Riverbank that sounded like a great idea to me, hopefully it pans out! :-D

EDIT And just a night later, he's already got a laid back vocal dance WIP in that's showing a ton of promise. Good job on the quick work! :-D

Double post, but I wanted to formally welcome AkumajoBelmont to the project. He's got a concept brewing for Enchanted Riverbank that sounded like a great idea to me, hopefully it pans out! :-D

Aww, I would have gladly split up your posts so you didn't have to double post. I don't think anyone really cares anyway though. In fact, they should make some new twitter-type system for project directors so we don't have to post AT ALL... You know? AT ALL.

They could incorporate like twits with certain tags, like #dkc3project and have it show up on this .. somewhere.. :-)

Anyway yah great news! Good luck fella

Well, it's 4 AM right now, I've got to be up in 3 hours, but I just got a WIP from Vampire Hunter Dan that's got me so giddy that I can't sleep :-D It's a medley of two songs that I'll keep secret until the release of the project, but all I can tell you is that I never thought one of them would even be remixable, let alone in a full symphonic fashion.

Absolutely stunning work, some of VHD's all-time best!

Also, welcome GSlicer to the project, he's reworking his 2 recently-rejected DKC3 mixes for the project as well. They're very good already, just need a bit more source on them! :-D

Well, it's 4 AM right now, I've got to be up in 3 hours, but I just got a WIP from Vampire Hunter Dan that's got me so giddy that I can't sleep :-D It's a medley of two songs that I'll keep secret until the release of the project, but all I can tell you is that I never thought one of them would even be remixable, let alone in a full symphonic fashion.

Absolutely stunning work, some of VHD's all-time best!

lies, you heard his teen agent songs... this one may be good but it ain't that good