Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

If you've ever been around OC ReMix for any of the previous album releases, you'll know they usually release a trailer a week or two in advance of the album release.

Then I'll start by revisiting O-Clocked on Veteran's Day to see if the trailer is posted by then. I'm not saying I necessarily think it likely, but if I only visit O-Clocked 2-3 times a month through March 2013, I won't be bogged down quite as badly with anticipation. I'll be back to being routinely logged in once Double the Trouble drops. But until then, I'm trimming my visits down to no more than thrice a month!

My original WIP for Dixie Beat was posted to ThaSauce recently, you can find it here:

http://remix.thasauce.net/song/RTS0322/

I forget how long ago I sent that to them and I probably thought it wouldn't get posted until the album was out.

This is my personal favorite version of the song (even though it's 90% different than the album version) because it has live drums by me, is much slower, and had some performances that were not able to be replicated..

It's not a DKC3 album song but it's an interesting look at the very first (100% live) version of my song, missing a considerable chunk that ended up being in the album version, so.. yeah. :3

• 2 weeks later...

To The Oinkness: What is shown in the previews of Let It Beat is a far cry from your original WIP. It's not as edgy, but it has a more simple charm to it.

Effective immediately, I've pulled ocremix off my Favorites bar so I don't click it absent-mindedly or otherwise in error like I did several times over the past 10 days. That way I can wait more gracefully for the window of my final prediction as to when Double The Trouble will drop: Between February 15 and March 25. I should've taken O-Clocked off my favorites a long time ago. From now on, I will only visit O-Clocked on the first day of every month by googling OverClocked Remix manually until this project is out. I also just remembered that ocremix.org Version 6 will go up within the next 6-8 months.

I don't want to pressure anyone but I'm too poor to buy music - and I despise stealing it so my only source of music is for ocr....and I need new music....I'm experiencing the lack of new music withdrawal.

Old Music Syndrome (LONM Withdrawal) sucks man, I feel your pain.

Lot of legally free music on http://bandcamp.com.

...Nintendude's got a point, a lot of people put music on Bandcamp as "free" or "Pay what you want, no minimum"

Flexstyle, you're a good man with an excellent taste in music, both in the stuff you listen to and in the stuff you make. I've got quite a few of your tracks in my playlist, and I've been enjoying your podcast as well. :D Looking forward to hearing your stuff from this album as well!

ok if the album dkc3 double the trouble it gonna be out like in coming weeks after the album is out what album will come out next will it be kirby milkyway wishes, bionic commando research and ressurrection, final fantasy 2 rebellion, final fantasy 6 balance of ruin, paper mario paper notes, shell shock tmnt4 and hyperstone or even super mario 64 portrait of the plumber which one will come out next beside dkc3 double the trouble

ok if the album dkc3 double the trouble it gonna be out like in coming weeks after the album is out what album will come out next will it be kirby milkyway wishes, bionic commando research and ressurrection, final fantasy 2 rebellion, final fantasy 6 balance of ruin, paper mario paper notes, shell shock tmnt4 and hyperstone or even super mario 64 portrait of the plumber which one will come out next beside dkc3 double the trouble

We don't really publish a schedule, order, or priority of albums because it's not necessary or even good to do so. The only deadlines that are set by staff are internal, and since we all have regular lives on top of doing stuff here on OCR, the deadlines are not entirely steadfast. Things slip, things accelerate, nobody can predict it. All you really need to know is staff and directors are always hard at work to bring you great music. So, obviously, the next thing to come out will be...another OCR album, and you will hopefully enjoy it!

That being said, DKC3 is being worked on now and is getting close to final preparations. Not 100% if it is the next one that will come out BUT it is coming very soon, that you can rest assured.

I would also just like to chime in to everyone that I've had to listen to this album multiple times while getting it ready and it is a massive behemoth of great music. It is worth the wait.

Emunator, Flexstyle, Theophany, Bahamut, Level 99 and several others, including myself, have posted in this thread multiple times praising the album and saying it'll be worth the wait. There is enough AMAZING material here to keep you 100% musically occupied for weeks or months. It did to me, anyhow! I don't regret a single minute spent listening to this album.

I think the album is nothing short of beautiful. I say that not as an OC ReMix fan, or even as a Donkey Kong Country/David Wise/Eveline Fischer fan. I say it as a fan of quality-consistent, well-produced music. I also think that regardless of how long the wait is, it'll be worth it. It'll hit you like a massive tsunami of force and you'll have a lifetime supply of incredible Donkey Kong Country 3 remixes for your aural pleasure.

fLbun.gif

Dude, that's really awesome! Makes me want to work on some more signatures :)

It takes quite a bit of time to throw together a release package for this many songs! You guys probably aren't aware of just how much quality control and clerical work needs to be done to prepare a release of this magnitude...

I do, and I have to say that I goofed up big time when it came to having things properly ready for Maverick Rising.

There's good reason for things taking a while, just be patient.