OCR02003 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "A New Place"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this mix! LOVE IT! I have always liked the original. I love this mix because it is so different from the original but still retains the elements of the original. I really love the lyrics if anyone out there has them. Awesome remix. One of my favorites. I really love how a lot of the newer OC Remixes are incorperating lyrics into the mixes. It's awesome. Keep 'em coming!

May the Force be with you.:wink:

• 3 months later...

I haven't commented on this mix? For shame! ....well, I commented on it for the writeup already :wink: .

It's a spectacular song though, one of my favorites from the album I have to say. I'm still in awe of the final product, as Taucer and I were skeptical originally at how it was going to turn out with just the instrumental, but I think this song is a perfect example of not being hasty. We waited to hear how it would come out, and the final product is gorgeous. It is a testament to the power of vocals when utilized correctly.

I have nothing but high regards for this song, and it makes its mark as a stellar song on OCR.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

wow...this is the first remix I heard with vocals that actually sounded professional and beautiful. And of all the games it's DKC :D that surprised me a lot. Great work! Also this is to everyone...I've been trying to find the song to Hugo Strange's death, when you go down into the alleyway and pay your respects to him a beautiful orchestrated piece plays. If ANYONE finds the name to this piece I'd be very very grateful. I can't find it on the OST which really upsets me. Again if anyone finds the name to it...email me at codez1992@gmail.com or just message me on here...

• 1 year later...

May I have a version of this remix without vocals? I don't mean to offend anyone, I just prefer instrumental music rather than music that has lyrics and I imagine that an instrumental version of this remix would sound really good. Not that it doesn't sound really good now, but again I prefer instrumental.

Edited by R3fan

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I keep telling everyone that this is one of my favorite mixes on the site and I haven't even reviewed it?! For shame.

I love the lyrics so much, they help me imagine a close bond between the two characters. The guitar also really reinforces that feeling of fellowship or maybe even love in the song.

If you haven't listened yet what are you waiting for?!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02003 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "A New Place"