OCR02004 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "It's a Jungle Out There!"

djpretzel

Cool. I always liked Protricity's ReMix, but this takes it in a pretty cool direction. Jazzy and more "Jungley". Is it wrong for me to say that some parts remind me of those "Local on the 8's" themes on the Weather Channel, but in a good way? It's soothing and relaxing, I love it. Kinda funny how this theme annoyed me to no end when I tried to get through the Lost World, but this is so chill.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

While I don't feel like this is quite as standout as Joshua's other track on Serious Monkey Business, I still feel like it's one of the best songs on the album. That should say something about his mixing ability :-)

The source is treated with a lot of delicate care, keeping that jungle atmosphere with ethnic flutes and some brilliantly-sequenced percussion, but managing to take it to a whole new level with the jazz flair you injected in, especially toward the end.

Pretty much flawless here. Love it :-)

• 1 year later...

I love this track a lot - personally, I feel like it was Josh's better effort on Serious Monkey Business, but they're both excellent tracks. This take showcases a bit of an ethnic flair combined with Joshua's trademark funk later on. The mesh of styles works to great effect here - the execution is strong.

For me, this was a highlight of SMB and still enthralls to this day.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02004 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "It's a Jungle Out There!"