OCR02005 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Dance of the Zinger"

djpretzel

• 4 months later...

There's no denying the insane quality of this mix. While it pretty much deconstructs everything the source tune stood for, what it rebuilds with the same materials is pretty astonishing. I suppose I'd expect nothing less than professional sounding music from a professional musician.

You've just got to love those awesome orchestral elements fighting through the barrage of synths and rapid trance. Everything acts as a very fine tapestry; I really love Kaufman's attention to layered detail.

Even though I think Baal Bhaagna showcases more of his technical prowess, you can't go past this one for that pure, adrenalised buzz. /badpun.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Jake struck hot with this mix, bringing a trance assault to Flight of the Zinger. There are layers of attention present in the song, with a nice filled out soundscape and little aspects that add like the background synths. Jake has evolved somehow since the making of this song, but that this song is just a small part of his excellent repertoire just speaks volumes as to how prolific he has been as a composer/songwriter - here's to hoping that there is many more better songs!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

One of my top 5 favorite songs of all time. Awesome buildup and evolution over time. The bridge at 2:00 and the kick at 3:40 are great. You work in a lot of different styles, but I like this quality of this sound best, with the levels being more mainstream and less chiptune/indy. Thank you for making such amazing music for free.

Edited by mutecebu

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02005 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Dance of the Zinger"