Legend of Zelda - Dark World Remix

WillRock

as expected from will, we have another nostalgic yet expansive arrangement with killer synth soloing, but this track really kicks it up a notch with some great chopped percussion and some very quality synths with a lo-fi edge. i'm especially loving that first lead (it still reminds me of fragments of gold). awesome harmony at :56. pretty solid production all around.

too much to like - i'm honestly pretty in love with this track. really solid stuff by will.

:D

as expected from will, we have another nostalgic yet expansive arrangement with killer synth soloing, but this track really kicks it up a notch with some great chopped percussion and some very quality synths with a lo-fi edge. i'm especially loving that first lead (it still reminds me of fragments of gold). awesome harmony at :56. pretty solid production all around.

too much to like - i'm honestly pretty in love with this track. really solid stuff by will.

:D

Yay halc approved :3

This makes me happy :D

Holy crap! i don't know why i haven't noticed or listened to this one yet. :D

Very well done my friend. Production is very tight and all the instruments are just the right ones. I like that little drum breakdown just past the half way point. I can't find a damn thing to complain about. Definitely better than my dark world remix, lol. That solo at the end of the track is fricken badass. Do you play keyboard, or is that done through your DAW? Either way, its awesome man.

I can't think of anything more to say than sub it man!

Wow with no doubt you really do rock, it seems finished to me but I think its a bit short, well I don't really know what you can add to it I wish I could help in some way anyway if anything comes to me then I mention later.I remember that you had a wonderful mix on sonic greenhill zone, I was wondering why have'nt you ever finished it? I really enjoyed it in fact I still listen to it.

Holy crap! i don't know why i haven't noticed or listened to this one yet. :D

Very well done my friend. Production is very tight and all the instruments are just the right ones. I like that little drum breakdown just past the half way point. I can't find a damn thing to complain about. Definitely better than my dark world remix, lol. That solo at the end of the track is fricken badass. Do you play keyboard, or is that done through your DAW? Either way, its awesome man.

I can't think of anything more to say than sub it man!

Thanks for the comments everyone! ^-^

Jabond, I sequenced everything in this mix, no real playing involved :P

I actually don't have a MIDI keyboard to hook up to my comp, but I wouldn't be able to play my solos if I did anyway :P

I still contend that this sounds a LOT like virt's Dance of the Zinger, especially in the intro and the synth choices you picked. If you haven't listened to that one yet, I advise you to just so you can see if we both hear the same connection :-P

Listening to it again, this is pretty much classic Willrock. Finish it and ship it off to the J's to see what they think. I personally don't think your stutter drums work as well as they did in Treasure Hunter, but maybe that's just my ears. The meat of the remix is very solid and I think it shouldn't be difficult to get past the panel.

Best of luck bro :-D

I still contend that this sounds a LOT like virt's Dance of the Zinger, especially in the intro and the synth choices you picked. If you haven't listened to that one yet, I advise you to just so you can see if we both hear the same connection :-P

Listening to it again, this is pretty much classic Willrock. Finish it and ship it off to the J's to see what they think. I personally don't think your stutter drums work as well as they did in Treasure Hunter, but maybe that's just my ears. The meat of the remix is very solid and I think it shouldn't be difficult to get past the panel.

Best of luck bro :-D

I've actually already subbed this - There isn't anything I wanted to change or edit.

Still, hope it gets past the judges :P

This is a great mix. I really like your style; you do solos really well. :) There's a lot going on in this song and it all fits and gives the tune nice rhythm.

I still like your other Zelda mixes better but this one rocks too. Please continue to output the quality of music you have already attained.

Very nice, except for a wrong note at 0:36-0:37 and 0:47. You got the same part exactly right at 0:22, so I'm not sure what happened.

But don't let that discourage you. You're one of the relatively few remixers who really dares to experiment with the source and really make it into your own thing.

Very nice, except for a wrong note at 0:36-0:37 and 0:47. You got the same part exactly right at 0:22, so I'm not sure what happened.

Wow this is one of the weirdest crits I've ever read because none of this is true at all. 0_o

But don't let that discourage you.

Why would he be discouraged? :P He's a posted remixer and this mix is absolutely stellar.

You're one of the relatively few remixers who really dares to experiment with the source and really make it into your own thing.

I can think of ten people. You need to listen to some more OCRemixes. :P

Anyways, what really got to me was the way that drum beat made it's way into the song. It was kinda like a driving chase song you'd find in some movie about the future that takes place in an F-Zero kind of setting. :nicework:

I don't think think this needs to be said again, but the solos are sooo badass ...

Personally I'd pump up the bass a bit, but that's just me. You don't really need to, however, because the real focus is on your awesome rhythms and percussion, which totally carry the track. I don't think the melodies are that great the way you play them, but the pretend-improvisation off of them is excellent.

Um... personal creative license anybody?

There are so many ways to explain what happened here, problem is, nobody should have to explain it. Not even the artist.

As a visual artist myself, I have to deal with this ridiculous layman-critique bullshit on a day to day basis, and it is maddening. Therefore you are going to get all the flak I can give you for this. I apologize in advance for the following:

The use of modulating the notes in such a way could be used to make the source material more interesting. In this example, since you already know how the original tune goes and are expecting those particular notes, this presents a challenge to you the listener, ultimately making the composition more interesting and enjoyable overall, and over time.

One could also simply agree that the change was made to better fit the purpose of the artist for this composition.

To put it simply, in just a few words, this can be described as;

"an intentional modification of the source material to create interest."

There is a recurring theme here, can you tell what it is?

Were you interested in those points you described in the song? Is that why you wrote about them?

Don't bother replying, the answer is yes.

But instead of taking them for what they were as interesting parts of an artist's rendition, you got right on here and just said that it was wrong.

How could you miss the point so badly... :banghead:

It is small little instances of innocent stupidity like these that frustrate me to the point of laughter. I literally cannot react any other way than to simply laugh at this.

The laughter is also brought about by the visualization of a three-legged hamster falling off of the wheel in this guy's brain.

Anyways...

Great job Willrock, here's to seeing this one on the 'Latest Remixes' board in not too long.

To me....it sounds like he went up an octave on that note. Which...frankly. I think sits just fine in the song.

WillRock.....rocks. Plain and simple. xP Love the remix dude. Hope the judges pass it through.

disclaimer: this is a headphone listen.

this may be a bit too crunchy...what i mean, overcompressed.

nice break after the piano.

arrangement might be a little bit too liberal, the original is there, but not often. i can hear the march rhythm pop in a few times, but maybe not enough to pass this. ending felt a little lackluster compared to the rest of the song.

i like the way this concept sounds, and i hope you give it some TLC.