The Legend of Kage

Vurez

I was working on an album consisting of an assortment of unreleased tracks I had worked on during my early remixing years. They all had issues that kept me from releasing them, however I went back and polished them up a bit not too long ago. Since some of the tracks weren't "fixable", I've decided to just go ahead and omit a few and release each track individually. There will be six total and the first one is an ethnic Asian style track from The Legend of Kage. It's a medley that consists of most of the soundtrack.

Here it is:

http://www.vurez.com/tracks/arrangements/Vurez_-_Beware_of_Ninjas.mp3

Oh fuck, Legend of Kage? I remember that game, having it rented a few times in my childhood and hating it every time. Let's see the mix, though, before I go putting my prejudices upon it...

Yeah, this is from that game, all right - after 20 year I still know the music from it. Well, I'm 90% sure this is a bit conservative for OCR's tastes, but you probably know that and don't intend on submitting them here, so it doesn't matter :smile:. I need to go back to the source and double check that (remember, 20 years), but I remember it being very similar to what you've got.

Love the thunder - don't remember rain in the game, but it works. The percussion sounds in it are also top notch, so great job, there.

The other instruments (the strings, in particular), while fitting, unfortunately seem a little dull. Not sure you did that on purpose or not, but they sound like they sound use some highs to give them a little brilliance. Some of the background strings could use some humanization, as well (obviously the Asian strings and such sound human enough, so no worries there).

The song overall sound very interesting, though. I like the obvious Asian choice to it - you've pulled it off quite well. Not bad at all.

Let's see what the other track you'll release have in store for us :)!!.