Diablo 2 Action Tonight (March 23rd)! Join us (once again)!

Gario

Hey OCR peeps!

Remember that old thread claiming Diablo 2 was coming out with a patch (roflmao, to that)? Well, the patch is finally out, now (at least, it is tomorrow), so I'm getting a couple of people together to get on Battle.net and try our hands at this (slightly upgraded) game! We're leaning on running this Hardcore, but if people want to run it softcore, instead, we're flexible with it (Hardcore is really the way to go, though - the game still has life in that mode, ironically).

The time that we're getting together is 6:00pm Pacific - 9:00pm Eastern (same as the OHC), but the time is flexible so if anyone has an alternative just let me know and I'll see if that works for everyone.

Here's who's playing, so far...

1.Gario (Wind Druid/Fishymancer)

2.SoulinEther (Sorc/Hdin/Trapasin)

3.Lord Obsidious (Barb/Bowazon)

4.relyanCe (Assassin/Zealot/Javazon)

5.TehDonut (BlizSorc/Fishymancer)

6.Clefairy (IronBarb/Bonermancer)

7.Darklink42 (Barb/Assn)

It's likely we're going to run on the East Coast server, and we're meeting in Channel OCR - you remember the good ol' 'Channel' system, right? :lol:

Alright, let's kick some DIABLO ASS!!

Following your comments in the last thread Gario, I'm have enough experience to know that Amazon passive skills play an important role just as dmg skills do. That said, I am planning to play Bowazon for help compliment the summoner in terms of crowd control. I generally have a better feel for explosive ammunition, but I'd like to give the chill another try.

That said, I'd just like to put a forewarning; while I've played D2 a lot back a while, I'm very used to solo and taking my time with everything; but then again, the only reason I ever did that was because it's kinda hard to get random people into a game. Although I've never rushed too much, I am flexible and will probably dig up the process quickly enough.

My account should be CEMP. I'm surprised I still remember my password from so long.

Following your comments in the last thread Gario, I'm have enough experience to know that Amazon passive skills play an important role just as dmg skills do. That said, I am planning to play Bowazon for help compliment the summoner in terms of crowd control. I generally have a better feel for explosive ammunition, but I'd like to give the chill another try.

be careful with penetrate.. it's supposed to give you more AR but I believe there are issues with it.

we'd probably want a barb. hopefully someone picks up that responsibility.. if not, I could.

yeah so my original d2 cd's are gone lord knows where and I couldn't get the cd key off of my original install so i had to buy the first one all over again and NOW I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD BOTH ORIGINAL AND EXPANSION AND ITS TAKING HOURS RAAAAAAAAAAAH

can't wait to play though

Oh hey, it's this thread.

I'm down to give it another go. I don't really have any experience with high-level play, but I know my way around. Like Obsidious, I'm very used to solo play; I hate leaving the map partially complete, and will soak every shred of experience from an area before moving on.

Realm play obviates that, so we're good to go.

Barb is the class I have the most experience with; for this, I'm feeling an Ironbarb variant with Conc. If someone more qualified feels like stepping up, well, I've always wanted to try a Bone Necro.

I'm totally in for this, can't wait to actually play this online with friends for once.

I should add that I haven't played any online Multiplayer though, but I'm used to playing either a barbarian or an assassin (I liked the barbarian better, less spell casting worries and more damage.) I'm down to play whatever the group needs though, just as long as people give me some time to adjust to it.

i'm impressed by how many single player freakin monks, I mean, masters (:tomatoface:), this thread is attracting. Personally, i would not have played for ~8 years if it weren't for online play... but to each his own, and there's always the present to start the social online play :D

sweet, glad to see there's a barb or two willing to step up.

For the record, I actually do prefer to play online with people...but I end up playing solo online most of the time because it's just so dang difficult for me to get an actual party together (Most of the time I attempt to just to get help for some of the bosses). Not to mention players do tend to rush, as at the time, that's not what I'm interested in.

But I'm playing with a group of guys that I know there's a good chance they'll show up; this is a planned game after all; and I know there will be rushing, so I know to expect things to get hectic, which I'm oddly looking forward to despite my usual preference of D2 playing.