Final Fantasy

Brandon Strader

FF8 is my favorite because the story and the characters are the most realistic out of any FF. Call it stoopit but you know it to be twue.

I did always personally find Squall to be the most relatable of the FF protagonists. But that could be because I'm an anti-social jerk who tends to mentally condemn everyone around him.

• 9 months later...
FF8 is my favorite because the story and the characters are the most realistic out of any FF. Call it stoopit but you know it to be twue.

If the announcement of a remake doesn't drop this year, at E3 or whatnot, or the upcoming Square announcements.... I will eat a shoe.

Not talking about the FF4 PSP remake, talkin about ff7 or ff8...

I thought Final Fantasy VII was a cool game. However, a remake isn't necessary unless they do some cool stuffs to the gameplay. Maybe FFXIII style gameplay but with the inclusion of materia. I have not played Final Fantasy XIII, so I can't comment on if that's a good idea or not. Either way, a FFVII remake with gameplay innovations in itself is a kind of cool idea.

Wow what a retarded post.

I bumped it because it's time for Square to be announcing new products soon, such as what the heck Type-0 is and other products they have planned. Maybe they'll finally announce the remake they've been working on. :-/

And yes, if you look past the gratuitous sci-fi elements that your underdeveloped brain requires in a video game, FF8 is the most realistic of the series

And yes, if you look past the gratuitous sci-fi elements that your underdeveloped brain requires in a video game, FF8 is the most realistic of the series

Mostly in terms of architecture and manner of dress, and those follow relatively closely in line with VII's, except with more polygons. (Speaking as someone who actually enjoyed FF VIII.)

I wouldn't mind them putting off VI, if it meant we had a true remake, not a DS makeover. They could make it absolutely stunning, I bet. Wonder if they could patch up the holes in VIII's system, and make the magic-attachment system work right, because that was a kick-butt concept that never made it there.

Whatever their new projects are, though, I think they'd be better off avoiding remakes. SE is having a hard enough time getting their new games working well. A remake of VII would hit a generation who wouldn't understand it or appreciate it as much as the one who played it over a decade ago.

Why would anyone want an FF7 remake anyway?

They've already butchered the universe with their sidestories and prequels that retconned some of the more interesting things about FF7 and destroyed the continuity. Not to mention the awful Advent Children turning the game into a standard shonen piece of shit.

The game would suck with super realistic HD graphics because let's face it, most of the charm comes from the super deformed blocky characters. You really want the Honeybee Inn scene in full HD one jillion polygon realistic graphics?

No. If anything, give it an update that keeps everything the fucking same, but a graphical overhaul IN THE SAME STYLE as the original game. No remake, no reimagining, just update it so that they're not like 20 polys a character.

Or just leave it alone. That's the better option.

actually a lot of the stuff in the prequels and sequels that people thought were retcons are things that were mentioned or developed outright in the japanese script but then not translated well or at all in the english translation

the best example is reno's personality "change"; this is the way he was always supposed to be