Final Fantasy

Brandon Strader

Why would anyone want an FF7 remake anyway?

They've already butchered the universe with their sidestories and prequels that retconned some of the more interesting things about FF7 and destroyed the continuity. Not to mention the awful Advent Children turning the game into a standard shonen piece of shit.

The game would suck with super realistic HD graphics because let's face it, most of the charm comes from the super deformed blocky characters. You really want the Honeybee Inn scene in full HD one jillion polygon realistic graphics?

No. If anything, give it an update that keeps everything the fucking same, but a graphical overhaul IN THE SAME STYLE as the original game. No remake, no reimagining, just update it so that they're not like 20 polys a character.

Or just leave it alone. That's the better option.

grr why would we make anything more new and better this is a terrible choice especially if square is doing it because square is now cool which makes me hate it

grr why would we make anything more new and better this is a terrible choice especially if square is doing it because square is now cool which makes me hate it

the only way newer and better is newer and better is if they literally don't change anything

derrit thanks for saying what i didn't have the heart to say at first

Edited by prophetik music

wait what the

actually a lot of the stuff in the prequels and sequels that people thought were retcons are things that were mentioned or developed outright in the japanese script but then not translated well or at all in the english translation

the best example is reno's personality "change"; this is the way he was always supposed to be

i think he's talking more about stuff like zack getting killed by an entire army and all the high flying azn fighting in advent children. it's dumb.

i think he's talking more about stuff like zack getting killed by an entire army

his death in the original was a bunch of soldiers chasing him down and killing him

his death in crisis core was a bunch of soldiers chasing him down and killing him

‾\(º_o)/‾

it may come down to taste, but...too much of anything can kill its awesomeness. when cloud first omnislashed, im sure those of us who were 6 or 7 when that game came out were like "whoa awsum". but now that essentially every character can omnislash it's not cool. i found the fight scenes in advent children to be completely boring.

his death in the original was a bunch of soldiers chasing him down and killing him

his death in crisis core was a bunch of soldiers chasing him down and killing him

‾\(º_o)/‾

like, two or three soldiers in the original.

but yeah that last line pretty much sums up video game/literature related arguments in general. i could care less if someone thought my favoritest vidya game was shits (see: sonic 3), i just want to hear someone else's opinion.

like, two or three soldiers in the original.

the playstation couldn't have handled as many as were in crisis core

when it comes to video games, next generation sequels are bound to represent things different than the originals simply because it's possible

Once crisis core got to the bit where Genesis was at the Nibel reactor I vowed never again to play another FF sequel of any kind. There is nothing more annoying then trying to shoe horn random new characters into scenes and timelines they really don't belong in.

I should have learnt my lesson with FFX-2, but nooooo...

Also I don't really care if they remake FF7 and it sucks, because you can just ignore it exists and play the original. Either way is fine.

Once crisis core got to the bit where Genesis was at the Nibel reactor I vowed never again to play another FF sequel of any kind. There is nothing more annoying then trying to shoe horn random new characters into scenes and timelines they really don't belong in.

if you think about it there really isn't any reason at all that genesis would be mentioned at any point during FF7, even if they took crisis core into account