Final Fantasy

Brandon Strader

FFVI is kinda like FFVII. It doesn't really NEED to be remade- It's pretty much perfect as is.

The Advance port was actually pretty good, as opposed to the IV Advance port which was honestly pretty shitty. I was very pleased (aside from them changing some cherished lines) with VIA.

A FFV remake would only work if they kept the Advance translation. Honestly, there's no other way you can present a game with a bad-guy named Ex-Death fighting a turtle- too much of a serious tone would ruin the atmosphere.

I don't know what jobs they could add to justify a remake either. But V DOES need more love.

man the gamestop here has them coming out of their ears

What? No fair! I have two Gamestops near me and neither one carried it the last time I checked. :(

why does ff4 gets a million remakes and ff5 is just sitting in the corner all sad

there is no justice

As much as I adore FFIV I actually agree with this. FFV was a really fantastic game that tends to get overlooked a lot. (Was going to say something here but it's a FFV spoiler and I don't know if we have spoiler tags or not.)

I wonder how all of the other FFXIII games will do. FF7 remake is up there with Chrono Break on the list of "Things that Square will make when they need more money".

They need 900% more Brave Fencer Musashi sequels. All of these games where I'm not saving the princess confuse me.

Shouldn't they be out of money soon? They aren't doing very hot imo, and I don't get why they publish so many games. SquareSOFT was where it was at, but then Enix had to come with their stupid Dragon Quests and ruin Square.

Square Penix ftl :banghead:

Edited by Dissidia
desu

It shouldn't even be called Dragon Quest in the first place. It should be called Dragon Ball Quest (seriously can anyone tell the difference??).

But this thread is about a FFVII remake. I'm all for it. In fact I have been waiting for it. I just hope they do the soundtrack justice.

It shouldn't even be called Dragon Quest in the first place. It should be called Dragon Ball Quest (seriously can anyone tell the difference??).

But this thread is about a FFVII remake. I'm all for it. In fact I have been waiting for it. I just hope they do the soundtrack justice.

Dragon Ball Trigger

in before i didnt like ct either

The way I thought it went was that Square wasn't doing too well financially, and Dragon Quest was kickin' ass. So Square put all their money into one last game entitled Final Fantasy, an RPG like Dragon Quest, in a make it or break it effort. It sold, and they survived.

The irony being that 13-14 years later they merged with Enix.

Some dramatization may be found here, but more or less that's what I thought happened.

Well wikipedia says Dragon Quest was first released in Japan in '86 while Final Fantasy came out a year later in '87, so I guess SE wanted some of the DQ money, although I don't know that I'd say they were "rivals" per se. I think that may have happened toward the 2nd or 3rd game in each series, however I was under the impression that DQ was ALWAYS crack in Japan while FF was more popular in the west(during some period of time anyway).

Also, while there's nothing about a Final Fantasy VII remake, the rumor mill is once again churning about there being a Final Fantasy XIII-2 in development. In addition to comments by Toriyama(director) saying that there were roughly enough assets produced to make a sequel(or at the very least double the size of FFXIII), as well as DLC plans that were canned and saying he was very interested in making a sequel, a domain name www.finalfantasy13-2game.com was registered by a company that does domain registering for SE(they also registered NieR among others). Might just be speculation and maybe they're just guarding the domain in case of a future eventuality, but it makes me excited for more FFXIII.

Contrary to all the insane internet slamming it got, it sold well over 5 million copies worldwide before April 2010, and I loved the hell out of it. Here's to them making the sequel less of a straight line.

Maybe they can make a sequel that actually explains what the fuck was going on during FFXIII

Because they sure as hell didn't do that.

Whatever, I'm pretty happy with my Heroes of Light game. Fav FF since FFX. Probably more deserving of a numeric title than Square gave it credit for, considering how fun and great it is.