Final Fantasy

Brandon Strader

(i want it for console)?

Isn't it already for console? Last time I played it it was on.. a yes! Console bwhahaha.

I would never want a remake, I hate Advent Children to the CORE. And I still have nothing against the blocky characters on PSX. And also, they would probably mess up the whole emotional impact of about everything with Cloud's new sappy look and voice. I prefer the Anime look over the CG baby face look any day.

I just want a sequel to FFT. A real sequel, none of this advance stuff. It doesn't even have to have the same world or characters, I think I would prefer that it didn't.

I think I would rather have a remake of VIII than VII because the characters were already rendered somewhat realistically. I know we got updated renders of pretty much every FFVII character in all the side games and movies, but I think that world has been explored a little too much now.

I just want a sequel to FFT. A real sequel, none of this advance stuff. It doesn't even have to have the same world or characters, I think I would prefer that it didn't.

what in the world

what is wrong with any of the advance tactics games then if it doesn't have to have the same world or characters they play the same way

VII is my favorite mostly because it was the first Final Fantasy I owned myself. I still play through the game once a year (with the first year beating it 2 times through) and can probably recite most of the lines of dialogue from heart.

I was really exicted for a remake of the game after XII being as amazing as it was and with Dirge and Crises Core being pretty fun spin offs I thought it would be a sure thing.

Then I played XIII, now I hope they don't touch VII.:banghead:

See, Tactics, and Tactics Advance are great games, in my book. Tactics Advanced 2 was pretty mediocre. It just felt like a chore to play. And hey, I put 40 hours into it before I gave up. At least the first had an interesting story.

But, Vagrant Story notwithstanding, all the other games set in Ivalice have made the world pretty damn boring. FFXII is pretty amazing in that it took a really interesting and complex world like Ivalice... and sucked everything interesting out of it. Occurians? What?

I've played:

FF Tactics

FF Mystic Quest (HMMM lol)

FF I-X

FF XII

FF XIII

Remakes:

FF III DS

FF IV DS

-I think IV is amazing. I absolutely love the characters and progress.

-VI is great in maaany ways and I would love to see a remake of this one.

-VII has some of the most memorable moments in the series and the characters are classic. (3 playthroughs).

-VIII has a lot of heart and the game gave me TONS of emotions I really embrace. (4 playthroughs).

-IX may be my favorite of them all, I think the world they created was amazing, I love all characters except the ugly and inconsistent Quina man-whore. (4 playthroughs).

I guess we're all fuckin' FF geeks in here lol.

We gather here, spewing FF info while new gamers haven't even touched them and they're saying JRPG's SUCK and you only push one button the WHOLE game!

(OH OOOH.. I may have opened a can of worms!)

-IX may be my favorite of them all, I think the world they created was amazing, I love all characters except the ugly and inconsistent Quina man-whore. (4 playthroughs).

The most laughs in the series are shared between IX and VI, too. As bizarre and irritating Quina was (not to mention almost impossibly difficult to make eat things), he ends up being the butt of one of the funniest moments in the game. Remember the wedding scene in Conde Petie? Funniest of all was that, at this point, Vivi is still of indeterminate gender, if I recall correctly (either that, or he's just a stuffed doll; you can't really tell), and Quina is always of indeterminate gender. Your destination is a honeymoon-ritual location for the dwarves, and they won't allow it to be used for other purposes. Hilarity ensues.

I still think the funniest moments in the entire series are in the GBA edition of FFV.

MWA HA HA HA, IT SEEMS YOU STILL HAVE SOME FIGHT IN YOU TURTLE

Well, I sure haven't spent the last 300 years sitting around munching on pizza!

MWAA HA HA HA... WELL PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE... FOR YOU SHALL FIND NO SUCH TASTY DIVERSIONS IN THE AFTERLIFE!

or,

Stop right there, Exdeath!

MWA HA HAH HA.... DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS YOU ARE TRYING TO STOP ME FROM DOING?

Um, er, no...

Now that all of those are out of the way, what I really want to know is why it is so hard to make a town in a new Final Fantasy. There are great-looking towns in Star Ocean 4 and The Elder Scrolls 4. The FF7 towns aren't large so why can't they do it? I personally enjoy the "running through paintings" style. They should just fix up the characters, make it HD, and retranslate it. An orchestral soundtrack would be nice too. But seeing all those reactors and stuff in HD would be neat. We no need no stinkin' 3D. Just HD.

the towns in SO4 were TERRIBLE. this is coming from a lifelong tri-ace jizz-at-announcements fanboy.

the reason the towns in Oblivion worked was because they were actually sparse, medieval towns. that and the game itself is a sandbox rpg.

i have a sneaking suspicion that the reason square devs haven't been putting a lot of their games' time within traditional towns or cities is because either:

a) they're tired of the system and the huge breaks from reality the concept causes within FF games

-or-

B) they have more fun rendering other kinds of locales, and felt that their player base would enjoy that as well.

Those are rather funny.

The translation on FFVA was enough to push what was already a high-rated entry in my eyes to my favorite entry in the series.

Exdeath is really damn hilarious, as is Gilgamesh.

NOW WE FIGHT LIKE MEN

AND LADIES

AND LADIES WHO DRESS LIKE MEN

FOR GILGAMESH, IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!

I have FFV for emulator, maybe I should play it. My goal is to eventually beat I-VI. I have almost finished IV I think, I beat the four friends and then some. I got to the train part in VI then I overwrote my save. Lesson learned, use more than one save.

FFX-2 was mildly amusing, although I did play through it with a friend.