Final Fantasy

Brandon Strader

B) they have more fun rendering other kinds of locales, and felt that their player base would enjoy that as well.

And thus one of the biggest problems with game development today. Focusing on what they (the developers) think would be fun instead of the reality, the customer.

I've played some of FF VII, played quite a bit of V on DS (that's the one with, "you spooky bard righ?"), I am interested in playing IX, but that's about it.

the best Squaresoft moments for me was Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and Secret of evermore. That time frame of games was good times. Oh the golden SNES age, how I miss you.

If you want to relive Golden SNES Era goodness from Square I highly recommend Live A Live.

the best Squaresoft moments for me was Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and Secret of evermore. That time frame of games was good times. Oh the golden SNES age, how I miss you.

Relive the golden age on a DS Lite. Between DS games and GBA backward compatibility, that system's dripping in JRPGs of the SNES and PS1 style. To name a few,

Chrono Trigger

FF I-VI

Nostalgia

Sands of Destruction

Golden Sun 1-3

Lufia

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Glory of Heracles

Ys 1&2

Lunar

Mario & Luigi 1-3

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI, & IX

and the list goes on...

As I was typing this, the thought crossed my mind that an FF VII remake could be pretty close. It would be VERY easy to port that sucker to the 3DS and improve the graphics to raise them to the level of FF VIII & IX. Sony might have some type of exclusivity deal, but if it doesn't, I can just hear the fanboy arguments now ("At least we're getting it!" "But it should be on the PS3 with voiceovers!").

Dear Square-Enix,

Final Fantasy is over. Give it a rest for...25 years or so.

Revive it when you have some fresh ideas for the series, and when it's actually a roleplaying game again and not an interactive movie.

Yours Sincerely,

The People Who Have To Play Your Shit.

Yeah, and just adding this here cause the Final Fantasy Type-0 thread got closed, Type-0 is actually the new name for Agito XIII. So it was a buncha fuss over nothin' anyway. x_x

Also Versus XIII is actually looking to be like, the next "Kingdom Hearts", if it ever COMES OUT.

The "reality" based RPG is what I've been waiting for them to make since like... FF8... haha.. where they previously touched on it briefly.

Edited by Brandon Strader

Yeah, and just adding this here cause the Final Fantasy Type-0 thread got closed, Type-0 is actually the new name for Agito XIII. So it was a buncha fuss over nothin' anyway. x_x

Also Versus XIII is actually looking to be like, the next "Kingdom Hearts", if it ever COMES OUT.

The "reality" based RPG is what I've been waiting for them to make since like... FF8... haha.. where they previously touched on it briefly.

I'd rather it not, since I am actually really looking forward to it coming out.

dohoho see what i did there

No, really, after KH2, I seriously disliked the series.