Final Fantasy

Brandon Strader

Aside from the odd hair color (which was changed in Dissidia) Terra from FF6, I think, has... fairly normal clothing. Nothing too outlandish, anyway.

In fact, I think the FF6 characters in general have fairly normal clothing for the culture they were in. I think things really started breaking down when 10 came along, as far as sensible character creation.

Aside from the odd hair color (which was changed in Dissidia) Terra from FF6, I think, has... fairly normal clothing. Nothing too outlandish, anyway.

In fact, I think the FF6 characters in general have fairly normal clothing for the culture they were in. I think things really started breaking down when 10 came along, as far as sensible character creation.

what was odd about her hair color? The red outfit with greenish hair was what she looked like on the original SNES release. lol.

True though, FF6 characters are the least outlandish.... Lock is wearing jeans, a tank top/leather vest and a cap..... as opposed to Tidus'..... whatever the fuck it is.

I was a little confused about the FFXII story, and this may be due to the fact that it's been a while since I played it. I mean, what's the point of the Occurians? Ashe wanted to defend her country against the Archadians... really, the only struggle in her mind was whether or not to use the Nethicite to do so.

Vayne is all consumed with turning control of the world to men, so since the Occurians rule through the stones, wouldn't he want to do away with the stones as well? In the end, *spoilers* Ashe destroyed the Nethicite anyway, so the game could be, and should have been boiled down simply to the struggle between Dalmasca and Archadia... I know it's pretty much necessary for a Final Fantasy game to have gods of some kind, but the whole inclusion of the Occurians seemed pointless and stupidly dramatic.

Honestly trying to figure this out.

True though, FF6 characters are the least outlandish....

Let me introduce you to Kefka and Gogo.

Though I do agree with you on that, it didn't seem like it was a showcase of discarded Lady Gaga outfits.

However, on the topic of Dissidia as it seems to keep coming up, I'm a bit scared about rumors that Kingdom Hearts characters may be added. I'm doubtful, but I wouldn't put it past them. Anyone heard anything one way or another?

However, on the topic of Dissidia as it seems to keep coming up, I'm a bit scared about rumors that Kingdom Hearts characters may be added. I'm doubtful, but I wouldn't put it past them. Anyone heard anything one way or another?

I did a few quick Google searches and didn't really find much useful... although I did find an article explaining that the idea for Dissidia came from Kingdom Hearts... that's it, though.

They can have their own Dissidia game if they want. I would rather not mix Disney and Final Fantasy again, but that's just a personal preference.

I was a little confused about the FFXII story, and this may be due to the fact that it's been a while since I played it. I mean, what's the point of the Occurians? Ashe wanted to defend her country against the Archadians... really, the only struggle in her mind was whether or not to use the Nethicite to do so.

Vayne is all consumed with turning control of the world to men, so since the Occurians rule through the stones, wouldn't he want to do away with the stones as well? In the end, *spoilers* Ashe destroyed the Nethicite anyway, so the game could be, and should have been boiled down simply to the struggle between Dalmasca and Archadia... I know it's pretty much necessary for a Final Fantasy game to have gods of some kind, but the whole inclusion of the Occurians seemed pointless and stupidly dramatic.

Honestly trying to figure this out.

I'll spoiler tag this one I guess.

The best reason I can give as to why Vayne didn't actively destroy the other stones himself was that A)the Occuria are probably the only ones who can destroy real nethicite, and/or B)since he had an empire to run he probably wanted to ensure that nobody could oppose his reign, so he wanted to collect all the nethicite as well as his own manufacted stuff. If we look at it in another way, it's possible that Vayne was actually a good guy in that by collecting all the known nethicite, they could never be "misused" by any dangerous forces. Those things ARE WMDs after all.

Of course that's all just my theorizing. It's possible that it doesn't make any sense. Oh well... It was cool to watch when I was playing it. :-P

Not sure if anyone has seen this either (was looking to find info on the KH chars in dissidia) but apparently in a month or two, SE is releasing a Final Fantasy card game, that looks to be able to mix with a KH and some other card game running off the same system. I'm intrigued, probably will buy a box or two.

http://www.square-enix-shop.com/jp/ff-tcg/top.html

Point A doesn't make sense, as that's what the Sword of Kings/Treaty Blade was for (I can't remember which one was for what)

But your point B actually makes a lot of sense... although I thought I remembered at some point about *spoiler* Vayne wanting to totally overthrow the Ocurrian's rule using Venat's assistance (which is why the other Ocurrians thought he was a traitor.

Random though, does anyone else think "Venonat" whenever they see "Venat"? I really couldn't take anything the guy said/did just because his name was so close to the pokemon name. Maybe I'm just too much a nerd :P

The whole plot of FFXII made it really confusing to SPOILERturn Vayne into the Undying for the final boss. SPOILER

The story is really confused, and I think the Occurians made it so. If it was just a really elaborate version of the "small nation fights for independence against the evil empire" I think it would have worked a whole lot more.

I mean, in the beginning, it set everything up really nice: Vayne is a bad-guy, Ashe and others must fight for freedom, Balthier must come to terms with his mad father...

But then the whole "back into the hands of man" thing just disintegrated all that in my opinion.

• 3 months later...

http://kotaku.com/5803573/a-planet-without-square+enix

Reviving this old multi-purpose FF thread to share with you this hilarious article, that is somewhat of a tongue-in-cheek attack against Square that gets moderately hilarious as it goes on. It even looks into the future at the end for possibly future occurrences with Square. It's worth reading, if for nothing more than the nostalgia (bad word.)

That was a really long article that said, in essence, "Square used to be awesome and now it sucks", a statement which you may or may not agree with and the article will do nothing to convince you of if you don't. Most of the rest of it was poor attempts at humor.

I'm not sure what the point of it was.

That was a really long article that said, in essence, "Square used to be awesome and now it sucks", a statement which you may or may not agree with and the article will do nothing to convince you of if you don't. Most of the rest of it was poor attempts at humor.

I'm not sure what the point of it was.

i was gonna post some shit about the article but this pretty much sums it up.

i think i agree with some of the stuff he's saying? but it is a marathon to get through, hot damn, and it's not exactly a new or unique sentiment. i think the most interesting part of the article is the link to the FFXIII postmortem.