Final Fantasy

Brandon Strader

I don't understand why people were saying that Assassin's Creed 1 was 'promising for sequels' despite its obvious and game-breaking flaws whereas people will criticize FF13 for being a 'piece of shit'.

As far as I know, both games had serious flaws and for the same reason: most of the development time was spent on the new engine, and both offer a robust base for sequels.

Asscree was relatively new so no one really knew what to expect and it was easier to ignore its problems in hopes to see a sequel that could lead up to a more enjoyable game.

Final Fantasy, in of itself, had many ups and downs. Considering FF13 looked incredible/amazing compared to most games at the time, (still does IMO) people set themselves up with probably unreasonable expectations.

I actually do not know what they were for others. For FF13 I was hoping for a decent story and comfortable controls with graphics being an incredible bonus for me.

~also~

lbqyer1r8awfe5ygcmu.jpg

m49yajs31st315xf64z.png

fdi0atp4q4c4rgwwmlmd.png

FF12 should have really been about Balthier and Fran going around Ivalice being big pimpin'.

I have always wondered if FF12 had just focused on Balthier and Fran, would the story/plot be any different; or rather would just how it went about would have been put together. Hell there may have been sections of the game where the Empire would have been sending out military airships after the two forcing real time combat throughout the game and such. Force the player into downing the ships before reaching his/her destination or the ship will be attacked, Escape sections ect. We will never know.

Also the track just seem fitting for a country-side stroll. :<

FF12 would have been amazing if Jack Sparrow err--I mean Balthier was the main character. Drop Vaan down to one of the annoying sub-characters and it would have been p sweet.

balthier was definitely a way better character than vaan, but if i remember correctly, by the middle of the game vaan wasn't really the focus of the story. the game becomes more about politics and history and all that sort of stuff, and it becomes way less of a personal story about vaan or any one particular character. one of the things i really dug about ff12 was that it told a different kind of story than previous games in the series, so the fact that vaan was way lame became less of an issue because he had like three lines in the last twenty hours.

Final Fantasy XII ended up not only being my favorite in the series (although I hate to try to compare it to Final Fantasy IV given the gap between the two) but right now it stands as my favorite game. Love, love, love that game. So glad I gave it a chance. I didn't want to at first, and even though my mom had bought it for me I was all >:( about it and set it on the shelf and refused to touch it for months, hahaha.

I think my favorite part about Final Fantasy XII is that the plot was generally devoid of children, and that the plot was generally more adult.

FFXII was made for the FFT and Vagrant Story fans(I.E. fans of intricate storytelling), not the fans of anything post FFVIII, which while interesting, aren't that complicated.

YEah, everyone always hates on FF12, but I found it to be a great game. I loved the plot/story of the game, the waring kingdoms made for a good story progression rather than the same old thing. And I for one really liked the battle system of the game, I think it made for fast and smooth gameplay. Keep in mind, I play the International version of the game, which fixes almost all the problems I had with 12. It adds a class system, so characters are more defined, and not all the same person essentially, lets you control guests and summons, so no more summons running off and attacking a bat while like 10 chimaeras destroy you. And some new items, fixed item drop rates, and hold L2 for the game to speed up by unlimiting the frame rate ^_^

Personally, my preference of the (main series, this excludes garbage like 10-2) games are: 10 - 8 - 7 - 12 - 13 - 9

Never played 11, or any before 7. 10 Was the first I played, my first RPG, loved it. Compelled me to go back and play 7, 8, and 9.

I actually tried to get into 6, but I just couldn't. For some reason, I just can't get into games with that old RPG style, where in battle the characters and enemy sprites aren't animated, and just kinda sit there. Makes it seem kinda generic. It's probably just because I hadn't played any RPG until that style of game was way past obsolete :(

I've been playing the remake of IV on PSP recently and it really is an awesome game.

So far XII actually isn't too bad, either. I feel like I'm playing a smoother, single player Final Fantasy XI which isn't exactly a bad thing to me, since I used to play it back in the day. I like the customization system too. It also looks fantastic for a PS2 game. I'm not that far yet so no comments on the story.

Try 4 5 and 6. The SNES FFs were glorious things. (The DS remake of FF4 is actually a great improvement on a great game, you do the math.)

6 and 4 are two of my all time favorite games. 6 is amazing. The story's great, the characters are great, fabulous music, just filled to the brim with awesome all around.

I've been playing the remake of IV on PSP recently and it really is an awesome game.

So far XII actually isn't too bad, either. I feel like I'm playing a smoother, single player Final Fantasy XI which isn't exactly a bad thing to me, since I used to play it back in the day. I like the customization system too. It also looks fantastic for a PS2 game. I'm not that far yet so no comments on the story.

the smoother aspect is what i really liked about it. having the battle system integrated into the world just makes it flow so much easier. the seperate-screen-for-battles thing is one of my most hated RPG traditions.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but some PSP games are coming to PS3 as HD ports. Crisis Core would definitely be one to check out if they did that, and hopefully they do.

You are correct as they are called "PSP Remasters"

I better at least see Valkyria Chronicles II using the first game's engine as well as

WHY NOT BRING MGS:PW AS WELL!?

So yeah returning back on topic...

They better not bring the recent iteration of FFIV as a PSP Remaster title anytime soon, still a great game as always but I'd rather see something else given that "remaster" treatment.