DarkWave Studio

I just stumbled a free DAW on the internet called DarkWave Studio.

It has MIDI and VST Support (and it has a piano roll), and for guys who are not in a position to spend money on electronic music applications, this looks pretty neat. I might try it out myself and take a break from FL Studio (because it is killing my CPU).

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to a freeware/shareware download site, but I will say that a quick search for "DarkWave Studio 3.0" on google will give you tons of download links.

Does anyone use this and would like to input their own opinions about it?

I like it a lot. By now I am a little bit confused, it is almost the same feeling that I had when I opened Blender for the first time. It seems like you will not learn a thing from it, let's wait some more.

I found the interface pretty awesome, simple and clean, something like every free / open software should be. Nice addition.

:-D

I like it a lot. By now I am a little bit confused, it is almost the same feeling that I had when I opened Blender for the first time. It seems like you will not learn a thing from it, let's wait some more.

I found the interface pretty awesome, simple and clean, something like every free / open software should be. Nice addition.

:-D

Actually, I wasn't comfortable with the pattern editor. It was buggy and unresponsive for me. I tried the bass, and I kept getting super hi freq in the octave of middle C. 0_0

Back to FL Studio, the one program that has an interface I am comfortable with.

try out reaper. Commercial License is a bargain at $200 something You will never go back because you have to. You will go back because you want to.

I personally use FL Studio myself, which the interface I personally think is more preferable and superior to Reaper. Also, I don't plan to switch DAW's.

And this is not a "best DAW" thread.

This is a thread about DarkWave Studio, I wanted to get some opinions about it so that people looking for free music software would stumble upon this thread and decide if it's right for them.

If reaper was free, you could argue that it's better than DarkWave, but since it's not free, it's not relevant to the topic.

Back on topic:

I found the modular thing cool, but one thing that bugs me is why you even have to connect wires in the first place. Plus the process of creating patterns is very confusing.

Plus the process of creating patterns is very confusing.

I found it cool. Except of the fact that I incresed the pattern length and it didn't work, and when you hit the piano roll it makes no sound, everything is cool.

I didn't tested the devices, I hoped that I could find some project on the internet to do this for me. But since it support VSTs as you said it not configure a problem at all.

I found it cool. Except of the fact that I incresed the pattern length and it didn't work, and when you hit the piano roll it makes no sound, everything is cool.

I didn't tested the devices, I hoped that I could find some project on the internet to do this for me. But since it support VSTs as you said it not configure a problem at all.

It's also buggy. My pattern editor became frozen and I couldn't change anything after looping.

I personally think the "sequncing" part is weird, but other than that it's an okay program for low budget musicians.

HOWEVER

It's no subsitute for something like Logic, Reason, Reaper, FL Studio, etc.