Dragon Warrior Overworld WIP

motoldm

Good variations from the source here, though you manage to keep it present as well while deviating in different ways throughout. Not a huge variety of instruments, but I think it works pretty well the way it is.

I'm not very technical when it comes to music but I like what you've done. This is really low-key, and I'm not sure whether that would help or hinder it, but the quality certainly isn't bad and you have the all-important variation from the source covered.

The intro part sounds like it's way too drowned in reverb, so I'd recommend taking that down a tad.

Overall, it's a pretty solid arrangement, although I think it goes on a bit long. I think you could cut some of the meat out of this and bring it down to 3:30 or 4:00 and still retain the majority of the effect from it. I really like the groove and especially when your bass ranges pick up, it's pretty good for an atmospheric groove track. I can't think of any specific critiques, I think you pretty much nailed the genre you were going for.

Best of luck with whatever you're submitting this for!