PRC167 - Deadly Sigma Fortress (Mega Man X2)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 167

PRCv7-11

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round wasn't one of the rounds which will be remembered. No songs appeared before the first deadline and then I decided to do a remix. It appears to be the only one. It brought me the first victory, and another last place wooden spoon.

I hope my selection is interesting, and many of you enter the contest.

This thread is also posted in the Renoise Forum.

PRC Classic of the two weeks

This time I picked a very recent PRC, even one of this season. In round 159 the source was the intro theme from Mega Man 7, selected by PRC158 winner Showroom Dummy.

Three remixers entered the contest: Divinewrath, DjMokram and JerryTerry. After voting, 57 points where given and number two DjMokram received 1/3 of them (19).

It was a very close round, because the winner only received two points more as the number last. JerryTerry was close, but the victory was for Divinewrath. His song was called Streamrolled in 20XX.

More information can be found at CompoThaSauce.

This rounds source

This round, I selected the source myself.

Hi!

It's weird to quote myself, because at this moment I'm thinking what I'm going to write here.

OK. The song I selected is the song I let Alex Smith remix for Freshly Baked Remix Challenge 2008. The song is not in the list, but it was finished.

It was my favorite Mega Man tune; Mega Man X2 - X Hunter Stage 1+2.

More MIDs can be found at Vgmusic.

PRC167.jpg

Mega Man X2 (SNES) - X Hunter Stage 1+2

MID

Wikipedia Information

Time Attack Movie

More MIDI @Vgmusic

Mega Man X2 is a very popular game, still there aren't many remixes at Ocremix. I played (and completed) the game myself, but that's a long time ago.

It was one of the first songs I tried to `remix'. Not many other Remixers decided to make a remix of it.

This round starts earlier again like last round, hope this results in more songs.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by April March 4th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part, but he/she can enter a Bonus Mix and she/he has a vote that counts twice.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Welcome to the voting stage

The deadline has passed, you can't submit a song anymore. If you want to add a Bonus Track, just post it in this thread.

The mixing stage is over. There are 2 entries.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second, leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

- It's not allowed to vote for yourself.

Participants can vote, but it doesn't matter for the results.

The winner from the last round, Bundeslang, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until NEXT Tuesday, April 7th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC168 which is going to start Friday.

The songs:

Showroom Dummy - Die Mechanisierte

OneUp - A Robot Need LOve

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 3 (including OneUp's vote)

Maximum Score - Doesn't exist (I just edited it a little).

Minimum Score - Doesn't exist.

OneUp gets 6 points, and a last place wooden spoon.

And PRC167's winner is Showroom Dummy by unanimous decision with 9 points!

Congratulations Showroom Dummy, both Chickenwarlord and me voted you first. OneUp also gave his opinion, his song was nice, but only one can win.

You may select the source for PRC168. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM, PM @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer PM @Ocremix) before next Friday, April 9th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

Fair enough, congrats! This isn't all bad, it means I can participate in the next one too :)

I find Bundeslangs voting a little unfair though, look at the Votes page :P

I tried to vote you third, because my vote count twice (and used my last PRC song to do that). It didn't work after all, because ThaSauce still gave you 2 points and Showroom Dummy 3 (just wanted to know how ThaSauce do with that, it's also not possible to vote someone second if the first box is empty).

So don't try that, it doesn't work.

I tried to vote you third, because my vote count twice (and used my last PRC song to do that). It didn't work after all, because ThaSauce still gave you 2 points and Showroom Dummy 3 (just wanted to know how ThaSauce do with that, it's also not possible to vote someone second if the first box is empty).

So don't try that, it doesn't work.

I still don't get why, but it didn't matter anyway :)