Heroes of Newerth Thread 2: Electrician Boogaloo. Now Free to play!

Tensei

Well by that logic you could also say that Pollywog Priest has two non-ultimate stuns. And yeah lategame you do usually end up as food but that counts for a lot of heroes if you play them as full-on support/ward bitch. Myrmidon does have the waveform and the ultimate going for him, so at least he gets some more survivability than a hero like Glacius.

You're completely right, myrmidon is easily up there with the best of the heroes atm. Can't believe I forgot him!

Well by that logic you could also say that Pollywog Priest has two non-ultimate stuns.

bit different deal with the channeled spell tho..

anyway, myrm's definitely a good hero, just saying that his stun combo by itself isn't all that dangerous if you know your timing. different story if he's teamed up with a reliable stunner...

pk hammer + myrmidon for example is just brutal.

Wow. Crazy changes to items.

They've changed some some item components so that Bracers, Soulscream Rings, and Amulets can be built into bigger so that they aren't just wasted gold to get you through the early game.

Most significant change is that a Bracer can be built into an Astrolabe, and that sheildbreaker is a low risk, fast payoff item that can be upgraded with recipes now.

But they also made a ridiculous new support item.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showpost.php?p=13881820&postcount=1

Yep. Incredibly broken. Just played a game with a Warden and he destroyed our entire team. He has insane harass early, solid nukes, the bird does quite a bit of damage, and of course his scaling is very good.

Bonzai played in a lane against Warden + Nymph. Warden maxed dogs, nymph maxed mana. He just spammed all laning phase. They could not do, a thing. The range on that is insane, the damage is incredibly good, it is autotargetted, and it hits both enemies! Risk free and completely devoid of skill. What do you even do.

• 3 weeks later...

Next patch: no more denies. :<

Seriously though, how much do heroes cost for newbies (I'm at work right now)? I saw someone on the forums say that Early Access for Monkey King was $7 which is...ouch. Even if they were 50 cents each, it'd cost over $40 to get everyone. I'm feeling pretty good about my gold shield now. :)!!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a good amount of people on yesterday. I'm pretty okay with playing this and some League of Legends on the side. LoL gets really repetitive after some time unfortunately.

E:

is up, and it's faaaabulous. Good to see that after porting Katarina (Silhouette), Blitzcrank (Flux), Karthus (Martyr), Gragas (Drunken Master) and Wukong (Monkey King), they've finally decided to put in Sona. :<