3D vs. 2D Movies

atmuh

to those who get headaches from watching movies in 3D: make sure you're using your eyes together properly and see an eye doctor. i read some article about that being caused by your brain not combining the images from your eyes properly or something.

at this point i think my stance on 3D crap is clear. and if it's not, let the previous sentence stand as my argument.

Link? 10 characters

I have enjoyed the movies I have seen in 3D (Avatar and Alice in Wonderland), but I definitely didn't think it was amazing or absolutely necessary to enjoy the experience. I did feel it was a positive thing which seems to be more than most people here can say, even though it was mostly "oh hey those ferns are in my face" and the over-used need to have things flinged in your face, but I still didn't "dislike" it.

Is it possible that you just need to watch better movies?

I think it really is just that I'm a fidgety person. Even though I'm mentally engaged in a film my body's nerves nag at me to try and find things to do with it. I guess in that sense I get bored of sitting, not of the movie itself.

Although the more I think about it, I've been dragged out to a LOT of bad movies in theaters. A lot of my favourite modern movies never really had a wide theatrical release like a lot of David Lynch films and stuff. You might be on to something, Archaon, at least for some of the time.

Anyone seen 4D?

It's close to 3D but with things being chucked at you. I saw a show in Thailand that was supposedly '4D'. It involved acrobats, lasers, fireworks and elephants crapping on the stage. Delightful.

But certainly a touch more expensive than a 3D movie.

Anyone seen 4D?

It's close to 3D but with things being chucked at you. I saw a show in Thailand that was supposedly '4D'. It involved acrobats, lasers, fireworks and elephants crapping on the stage. Delightful.

But certainly a touch more expensive than a 3D movie.

I was in Japan and I saw a mini theatre type thing like that invoving Resident Evil.

It was a ten minute film and the seat fell out on you and air was blasted to simulate flesh eating bugs.

Worth every bit of the 500 Yen.

I was in Japan and I saw a mini theatre type thing like that invoving Resident Evil.

It was a ten minute film and the seat fell out on you and air was blasted to simulate flesh eating bugs.

Worth every bit of the 500 Yen.

I have a new reason to go to Japan.