OCR02011 - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask "Awakening the Giant"

djpretzel

I'VE GOTTA FEVA, and the only prescription...IZ MOAR SYDECHAIN! lol

The bass at the beginning it sick; it reminds me a lot of a local band from here called Savoy. Overall, aside from the fact that I blatantly recognized the percussion loop that comes in at 0:20, which is always a downer, this is some victorious ish. We're finally seein' a growing number of house-y submissions here on OCRemix...good trend imo.

Keep it up mayne!

Okay...good stuff first. The kick drum used sounds really good, in fact percussion's do too.

Around 1:04 I love how the source tune kicks in, piano sounds crisp and clear.

That's about all I like about this one.

Take this with a grain of salt, because I really can't stand gated trance synths.

BUT, the gated synth really makes this track sound utterly cheesy, unoriginal, and most importantly boring! Esp since there seems to be no modulation going on at all with the gate itself, which if there was it might have been a bit more interesting. Or maybe some filtering, or something.

This is good. I don't see what issue with repetitiveness is. I hear music in the club just as repetitive. Nice club feel and the production's good I gots no complaints.

There's a difference between OCR music and music you hear in the world.

Then there's good music that everyone likes. :nicework:

But yeah I found a bit of an issue with repetition in this remix.

Also, the composition of it was a bit empty... it wasn't empty, but I didn't get as much "full" sound I wanted from it.

But nice gated synth. :D I wish it could've been changed up a bit.

Ok, I i'm listening with headphones speakers atm, so can't comment much on production, might edit later.

Arrangement wise, I can see this appealing more to the masses than some of the OCR peeps, due to the repetitiveness of the track.

Personally, the repetitiveness is a slight turnoff for me, but that said, I know there are going to be alot of people that really love what you've done here.

Oh, and best remixer name ever. That is all :P

There's a difference between OCR music and music you hear in the world.

Then there's good music that everyone likes. :nicework:

But yeah I found a bit of an issue with repetition in this remix.

Also, the composition of it was a bit empty... it wasn't empty, but I didn't get as much "full" sound I wanted from it.

But nice gated synth. :D I wish it could've been changed up a bit.

How is it different? I treat OCR music the same as everything else I listen to outside of this website, music is music. But let's not get carried away on this guy's remix thread( which is a sweet ass name btw lol) pm me if you want to debate this some more. Sorry xD, back on topic: nice remix lol.

I don't like it. :)

If I had to do this song all over again I would do things very differently. Anyway, the track is quite old and it shows in the mix. Bad synth choice lead to cheese. The kick is weird I'm not even sure why I liked it. I suppose I wanted to do something different and the song isn't my normal style of weirdness. The lack of good percussion (which someone managed to pick out) makes me feel bad.

No future plans for another remix but, who knows. Depends on where my career heads. At the very least people enjoy my name.

This has always been on of my favorite songs from the Zelda series (not quite as good as Gerudo Valley of course :P) albeit such a short one, so it's good to see that remixer's are taking notice. This mix feels very easy to listen to, as well as entertaining. I prefer this mix over Link to the Mask (no offense). This leaves me hopeful that there will be more wonderful remixes such as this from what I feel to be a greatly overlooked Zelda game.

• 2 weeks later...

Man i have been absolutely hooked on this song. Always loved the Oath to Order from Majoras, though your remix took a little time to grow on me. Tonight i found myself continually repeating your track as i was playing some games with music in the background, i absolutely love the sound, thanks for hanging in there with it so that we could all enjoy the final product!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02011 - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask "Awakening the Giant"