ALBUM RELEASE: Espers by 12 Followers/Meteo Xavier

Meteo Xavier

1391951248-1.jpg

UPDATE 12/15/12: For those who may be interested - Espers has been officially remastered and re-released on Dope Records for the digital price of $8.

If you're wondering why it's being released again just 18 months after I first made this post - the truth is that it wasn't fully released in the first place. When I made this post, it was going to be released through Aardvark Records back in March 2010, we took steps to get it out there... and then it was just quit halfway through. For a variety of reasons, none of which were bad-blooded but detrimental to release all the same, the previous label was unable to fulfill their contract to me, so I found a new label, the IDM and experimental Dope Records in Israel and today it gets a fully label-supported, full release. :)

This version sports new artwork by Fariz Suleiman and new mastering by Russian Composer and IDM/Industrial artist Tokee. Zircon's previous and miraculous work still exists here, we just gave it an update for better volume, bass presence and clarity.

About the album:

Espers is a loose concept album that I started April of 2009 just to get something done. Most of what I had were ambient/new-age instruments and samples, so I went along with that and worked endlessly to try to make one of the most unusual and unique ambient/new-age albums around. It was an extremely difficult production, but it was totally worth every step of it. I was inspired by a lot of Peter Gabriel, Metroid Prime, Chrono Cross and Steve Hackett and I about destroyed my computer trying to honor those influences.

TRACK LISTING

1. Tritochiark - Vestigial Dreamcatcher for the Heavenly Integer [8:07]

2. Ornamekias - A Slight Wave From the Hill Above [6:51]

3. Amenemhetopelzai - Ancient King Lost In Memories [7:43]

4. Saelmeth - The Rusted Voice of a Forgotten Godwraith [6:28]

5. Icidina - Royal Highshiva of the Glacierplains [7:04]

6. Maria Le Pitruzelluca Celeste XVII - The Sound of God's Love Made Flesh [7:43]

7. Navi Whisperwilde - The Forest Sprite and the Mana Spirit in Eternal Recurrence [7:04]

8. Sagetellah - The One Who Waits for the Life to Come (Featuring Michael Huang) [9:57]

TOTAL TIME: 60:53 minutes.

CREDITS:

* All tracks composed by Meteo Xavier.

* Piano Performance and re-interpretation by Michael Huang of www.sonic-expression.com.

* Post-mixing work and initial master by Andrew Aversa of www.zirconmusic.com.

* Final master by Anatoly Grinberg (Tokee).

* Computer and samples provided by Brad Burr.

* Artwork and digital sleeve design by Fariz Suleiman of http://doperec.com.

And let me know if I forgot to thank anyone. Credit goes where credit is due.

Please support this album not for my sake, but for Dope Records. After 4-5 years of insanity and hardship from a variety of other music people, game companies, commissioners, and so forth, the guys at Dope Records are my karmic reward for enduring all of it. These guys have been nothing short of fantastic and supportive to me from day 1 of meeting them and I humbly ask this community to share some support back.

And thank you once again, Ocremix, for supporting me on this venture. I hope you enjoy it. :)

I will gladly buy this as soon as I can, I was wondering though how can you sell this isn't this violating someone else's work? If its ok is there a copyright I really need to know so that I could copy and send the tracks to my friends thanks.

It's all original, not a remix album. That said, it could just as well be remixes or an ost, it's hard to miss the vgm influence. I've had a copy of this for a while, and I've enjoyed it. His idea of making each song a world of its own seems to have worked out well.

Also, of course there's a copyright, he owns the music on this album. Don't be an asshat and hand out the album for free.

I will gladly buy this as soon as I can, I was wondering though how can you sell this isn't this violating someone else's work? If its ok is there a copyright I really need to know so that I could copy and send the tracks to my friends thanks.

this is possibly the worst comment i've ever seen to someone selling their album anywhere.

I've listened to a little bit - thus far, I'm liking what I'm hearing! Lovely ambience! I'll be sure to pick up a copy of this! Thanks for posting (and making)! That was 4 - FOUR - exclamation points in a row - impressive.

I'm really getting a Metroid feel here - I know you mentioned it as an influence, but it seems to be the strongest one thus far. I'm digging it!

If its ok is there a copyright I really need to know so that I could copy and send the tracks to my friends thanks.

Anything you create is copyrighted the moment you create it.

You can send the Facebook link around so your friends can hear it (those previews on CDbaby are horrible and don't do any justice to the tracks) and I'm pretty sure thats what you meant in the first place, but please don't pass off my work for free, I still got a cancer operation bill to pay off. :D

I'm digging this a lot, I can't imagine how much effort went into creating this.

Man, you'd freak if you knew some of the things me and Zircon had to do to get these tracks working as well as they do. Some of the OCR people might remember me whining and posting some demo tracks in WIP Original and it just got more and more difficult from there. :P

FUN FACTS!

- At one point I worked for 6 hours straight on Tritochiark. I sat back in my chair and started floating up into the ceiling and from a third person perspective saw my body jump up and reach to pull me back down. Yep. Out of body experience. Didn't think they were real. :)

- I lost my original computer setup back in January to a huge computer crash, so if I had to rework tracks, I was screwed. And I did. Ornamekias was missing instruments I had in AFTER Zircon mastered it. I had to synthesize a new synth bell and thank God Zircon had a copy of Colossus to fill in the missing Duduks.

- Amenen...umm... Track 3, tried to commit suicide when I opened it in FL Studio to extract. Track 3 was the hardest track to pull off and I felt it would really break the album without it. I had to extractevery channel as a .WAV, and there were 60 channels at nearly 8 minutes long. I had to make SUPERCHANNELS out of 10 channels each and then combine them into a MASTER CHANNEL. Then Zircon mastered them and again it was missing half the instruments, which was entirely my fault. Thankfully, again, re-recording certain instruments was not a problem because they were either z3ta or soundfont. We got it working and I quit having strokes as a result. :)

- Saelmeth is based off a really old track from several years ago and one of the first I was able to finish so it sounded like a real track.

- The flute melody in Icidina wasn't sounding right and I couldn't get a better flute sample in there yet, so Zircon worked with me again to add some supplement layers to the melody. I wish I could've done better there, but we got it working ok. I'd like to redo Icidina personally and get it so it isn't so bare.

- I had to go back in post-production and add some stuff to Maria Le Pitruzelluca so it would sound better. Bells and crashes mostly. There was also a considerable issue with the gap between the sections and Zircon was VERY accommodating about that. :)

- Navi Whisperwilde was based off a track I got posted on Platonist's Reunion website. I was trying to do a Kraftwerk style German 70's ambient thing but it wasn't working out. "Waterdream Tones" I believe it was called. I've actually found some pirate websites letting people download it. Freaky.

- The piano work on Sagetellah took 2 weeks to compose. It took 6 weeks to find a piano player. I got turned down by 20+ piano people before I got to talk to Michael Huang who works with Piano Squall. That was actually the same day I got back from my cancer operation in November, which I had at the exact same time my MOM had her big cancer operation about 5-6 miles away, unrelatedly, and the same day I completed another remix for a project. Story actually gets weirder from there, but let's just say it was a pretty big day. :)

Michael got the work done ON budget and in only a week. Few changes had to be made. He fucking NAILED it. That was one of the brightest spots during the whole production.

And there you have it. Does that give you an image how much effort went into it? It was an extraordinarily difficult project, but it was totally worth it, and I'm very thankful to have had help from around (and above, seemingly) to get it finished.

Oh, forgot to mention.

To those purchasing on CDbaby please be sure to leave as much contact info as you can. CDbaby allows me to see who purchased what, and I want to be able to know who I can send additional incentives (customer appreciation!) and replace any lost/broken copies for free.

That's all. Need to edit the first post.

It's all original, not a remix album. That said, it could just as well be remixes or an ost, it's hard to miss the vgm influence. I've had a copy of this for a while, and I've enjoyed it. His idea of making each song a world of its own seems to have worked out well.

Also, of course there's a copyright, he owns the music on this album. Don't be an asshat and hand out the album for free.

Everytime I put myself in a tough position just because my sentences are crappy V_V I didn't mean to sell or make my own profit what I meant is that do I have the right to give someone the cd and lets say he cop...... oops its seems that I really was an asshat sorry if I wasted anyones time, but believe me it won't happen in the future and I'll forgot all this and anyone who remembers this moment I'm gonna have a hard time to try and convince him on any future situations.

Anything you create is copyrighted the moment you create it.

You can send the Facebook link around so your friends can hear it (those previews on CDbaby are horrible and don't do any justice to the tracks) and I'm pretty sure thats what you meant in the first place, but please don't pass off my work for free, I still got a cancer operation bill to pay off. :D

Ok now I understand everything thanks oh and I hope you could pay off the bill, wait is it true if so you are really something by being sick and making these tracks they're the exact opposite!! I really respect that ^^

I don't mean to keep incessantly bumping my topic here, but can anyone who has iTunes or Zune or on Napster help me find it on those websites?

I looked today and Amazon.com has it listed for $7.92, and likely because there are 8 MP3s at $0.99 each. I don't really approve of that and I want to see if the other sites are charging more than $5.99, but I'm having trouble finding them.

Thank you.