St. Louis Gamerfest, May 28-30, 2010

Kizyr

Bad News: St. Louis Gamerfest unfortunately has to be cancelled this year. The management apologizes profusely for the inconvenience. The organizers of the convention want to make sure they get this done right, so rather than putting it on now and having it be half-decent, they'll be back next year to make sure it's a hit.

---

Hi folks! I normally don't promote like this, but... there's a new video game convention in St. Louis that's starting out this year that I'm planning on going to. And, I figured on the nature of it, folks here would be interested as well.

What: St. Louis Gamerfest - www.stlgamercon.com

When: May 28-30, 2010 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Where: Sheraton Westport Chalet, 191 Westport Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63146 (map)

Basically, as I said it's a video game convention out in St. Louis. This is its first year, so while it won't be large, we're hoping for a pretty decent turnout. It's probably going to be something like MAGFest was in its first or second year, and we're aiming for that kind of fan-supported atmosphere.

We're planning on game rooms, panels, contests, and that sort of thing. We're still working on adding more content, and if you have any ideas then we'd love to hear them at the forums (forum link).

I'm planning on going of course (flying in from Northern VA, probably will rent a car when I get there). Is anyone else here in the area? Anyone else able to make it? Hey, it might even tide you over a bit until MAGFest 2011. KF

By the way, guys... I'm making hotel reservations this weekend for the convention. If anyone would like to go in on a room with me, then it'd be better if I knew by this weekend so I can make sure to get a big enough room.

If you can't find out by then and still want to split a room after I make reservations, I can see if I can upgrade the size or (if it's just like one person) there might still be room anyway, just no guarantees if that happens.

And... I don't mean to be mean, but I'd only feel comfortable rooming with folks I've actually met in person before. Sorry...

That could be fun to go to - I'll have to see closer to then though, I can't give a definite so far, although there's nothing in my schedule to deter me from going.

Wes! You can room with me and Jenner! It's totally not gonna be awkward, I swear. KF

By the way, guys... I'm making hotel reservations this weekend for the convention. If anyone would like to go in on a room with me, then it'd be better if I knew by this weekend so I can make sure to get a big enough room.

If you can't find out by then and still want to split a room after I make reservations, I can see if I can upgrade the size or (if it's just like one person) there might still be room anyway, just no guarantees if that happens.

And... I don't mean to be mean, but I'd only feel comfortable rooming with folks I've actually met in person before. Sorry...

Wes! You can room with me and Jenner! It's totally not gonna be awkward, I swear. KF

I have a fanfic that starts like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. I made my hotel/flight reservations now.

If anyone is still interested in going and sharing a room, I managed to get a room for $66/night. It's me and Jenner there right now, so if you chip in on the room then we're talking about no more than $22/night (and $11/night if it's two people). KF

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the subsequent post. Had to clarify some legal stuff:

The convention formerly known as St. Louis Gamercon is now known as St. Louis Gamerfest, due to wanting to avoid legal issues.

Anywho, it's still gonna be good. Small but good.

...I know I'm gonna have fun. Anyone else in? KF

• 4 weeks later...

So... bad news. The convention has had to be cancelled. The organizers want to make sure they do this right, so, rather than only put on one half-decent con this year, they're going to take the time to get it done right next year.

Anywho, it sucks, yeah, but... I've already made the reservations and, hey, me and Jenner figure we may as well make it a little vacation in St. Louis around the same time. So... is anyone else here gonna be in the area around then? (May 27-30th)? KF