OCR00426 - Final Fantasy VI "La Locura del Kefka"

Ginnsu

Final Fantasy VI 'La Locura del Kefka'

I like the trumpet sound in this mix, as a former trumpet player myself, trumpets tend to intrigue me. Another thing is there is such a wide array of instruments in this one, including a lot of 303 mixed with more contemporary instruments. The one thing that disappoints me with this one is the length, or rather, lack there of. I do wish it was a considerable amount longer. Regardless of the length, still an excellent piece, The Pancake Chef. I’d love to hear more like this.

• 1 month later...

I love this song. I can't get enough of it. Partly for one reason. The length. You listen to it, and then think, "It's over already?!" :::sighs:: Oh well. It's still really good. The most funnest ( :) ) aspect is all the cool little sounds that The Pancake Chef added in. You know, at 0:47 the Kefka laugh, and then at 1:06-1:15 the Kefka laughs and all the wierd "spinny" sounds. At least they sound "spinny" to me. 5/5 stars.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listening to this song, i can almost picture the effiminate supervilain kefka dancing away to the rhumba-ish beats of this odd contraption of sounds.

Although a bit short, this song still brings awesome goodness and shows just how much being unique can pay off. By mixing some very stylish beats, brass sounds, and latin style music, you can get something that sounds oddly amusing.

This song was featured in mortisland's very own ZOMBIES, wich is where i had first heard of OC REMIX, i adore this mix with a passion, the spin-off remix of kefka's odd laughter still makes me want to listen to it more !

Great mix from a great artist.

I love this song. I can't get enough of it. Partly for one reason. The length. You listen to it, and then think, "It's over already?!" :::sighs:: Oh well. It's still really good. The most funnest ( :) ) aspect is all the cool little sounds that The Pancake Chef added in. You know, at 0:47 the Kefka laugh, and then at 1:06-1:15 the Kefka laughs and all the wierd "spinny" sounds. At least they sound "spinny" to me. 5/5 stars.

Yah it's short but it's ok, cause you can loop it and hear it again and again.

• 1 month later...

This is easily the single best remix of the Kefka theme I have EVER heard. I'll admit, I heard it on Mortis's video before here (relax, you're in the credits!), but my opinion has been the same since teh first time..it's just TOO DAMN GOOD. Everything about this mix just plain SCREAMS perfection. The brass is surprisingly fitting, and the laugh effect just tops it off perfectly...and those BONGOS...*drool*

• 1 month later...

As some know, the Pancake Chef has had little musical training, and to make something like this here's what I have to say from a so-called "amateur".

Very nice! A blend of Latin trumpets, a nice hip-hop beat, great synthlines at the beginning and some perfect bongos to give the infamous Kefka a good happy feel to his theme song.

Two things I didn't like. The trumpet solo before the first laugh was waaaaaaaay too loud (I know it peaked in the monitors in my computer), and the panning of that hip-hop loop panned hard left was kind of irritating when I listened to it with headphones.

Other than that, very nice, very clean. Just change those two things and I'll re-download the song.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This sounds like Cake.....I am very impressed. I like the sounds in the beginning. Sounds like a finely tuned 3xOsc. The bass line, drumming, and trumpet give it that Cake sound. It actually sounds like some of the Trumpet was ripped right from a Cake song, but I'm not holding that against the mix. Overall this mix is incredible, and everything blends nicely to make one hell of an addicting song.

• 5 months later...

I downloaded this gem back in May of 2003. Sad yes that it took me this long to review it but apart from my laziness...

Smooth, crisp, nice remix. Apart from the refreshing twist on many elements of the original the trumpet solo was very very well done. It is one of my oldest and prized favorites.

Kefka's laugh in the track is genius as well as fitting.

• 4 months later...

This one has turned out to be one of my favorite ocremixes, even if it is unfortunatly, very short. With a great flow from the start, it keeps an excellent balance and bounce. I do find it tragic that it ended with a fade-out. In any case, it remains on my most played lists.

• 2 months later...

Bad guy, clown, weirdo, annoying dude that always laughs, but he has only one name, Kefka.

This mix is one of the better that has succeded to catch Kefka´s more crazy side, the laughs can assure that. Nice instrumentation, there were some techno but the add of trumpet, trombones and marimbas made me wonder what this really was. And now I know. A remix from Pancakedude that kicks, mmmyeeeesss. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, where can I start? This is the song to which I owe my knowledge of OCremix's existance. A friend of mine told me about an excellent FF video called zombie. I was a little worried, but then when I say it, I realized that while it was great as a whole, it was the wong that really brought out Kefka's madness.

Fortunately for me, it said where the sang was from in the end credits. After looking around for a few weeks, I realized that La Locura Del Kefka wasn't the first song I'd heard from OCremix. Notable ones included all of AE's Megaman 2 remixes, which I got of Napster back in the day.

Anyways, back to the point, this is quite possible my favorite song on the whole site, and also, perhaps, my favorite remix. While there are many other remixes that may be stronger in one aspect or another, this one excels in every regard, topping them all. I also agree that it does an exquisite job of putting Kefka's derangement into audio form. The way the differant musical elements are brought together; how too much of this kind of mixing would just be chaos, noise. But it's just right, just at that edge....Like kefka's mind.

This is an amazing remix, and I not only recommend that everyone hear it, but I demand it.

10 out of 10, +1 one for deliciousness.

~Lord Syruss Khalai

• 2 years later...

Overly short, with some production issues, but some very cool arrangement ideas overall.

The synth plus brass is a cool idea, and the transitions are well done, but the hard panning of the beats, as well as some of the levels makes this somewhat painful to listen to. The scratching effects on kefka's voice are awesome though.

This is a really cool envisioning of the theme, but the execution falls a bit short.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00426 - Final Fantasy VI "La Locura del Kefka"