OCR02014 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Utopia"

djpretzel

*Tear* Beautiful, simply beautiful. As a huge Zelda fan, this is one of the few remixes which makes my heart throttle with excitement and give me goosebumps as I listen to it.

One of my favorite recent remixes and perhaps in my top 10 favorite Zelda remixes of all time, next to remixes such as CHM's 15-minute epic cover of ALttP's soundtrack, "Unsealed". The original track is really epic yet sadly unappreciated in terms of getting remixed.

Been a fan of this piece since the DoD entry, and it makes me happy to see that OCR accepted it despite being somewhat conservative. The acoustic guitars sound amazing, and your playing is incredible. I'm such a sucker for this type of music, but it really does sound great. Love the improvisation towards the end...really fits the original track nicely.

Keep it up with the acoustic tracks, man. You really should make more of these.

Loved when came out on DoD, good work!

What he said!

I remember hearing this before actually talking to Mads when Tony referred him to me as a good artist to ask to join a project, and when Dr. Manhattan sent him my email.

It's a convincing track that showcases Mads' acoustic guitar, and it's delicious! It shows some emotion, from the dark beginning to the more upbeat later section, the song has a feeling of progression to it that tugs at you some.

Great job, it sure deserved being in the top 3 for DoD that month!

When I first listened I knew I had heard this before, that of course was the DoD version which I totally forgot about, which was quite a mistake on my part! Even though this isn't new (to a lot of people here anyway) it's still very awesome, the acoustic approach is perfect for this track, which I think probably takes a lot of people back to the early days of the snes.

At the same time, it conveys a little more peaceful sense than the original, the guitar is just so tranquil here, with some nice variations from the source which work perfectly towards the end.

I seem to recall it was nearly a year ago that I first heard this so it's very nice to see it make the cut here at OCR as well, no doubt in my mind that it belongs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

As close to the source as it was when it started, it branched out very well when it pasted that golden point. Acoustic guitar to me is like the solo-piano of guitars, so to hear a Zelda piece with it is beautiful. The sound came off crisp, and the arrangement was great once things kicked up. Love it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02014 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Utopia"