[April fools!] OverClocked ReMixanator Release!

Kenogu Labz

I am literally in tears now. Tears of joy. I just created my dream ReMix (Terra Solo Piano + Orchestral Elements) after years of hearing nothing but pretentious over-produced fluff pretending to pay tribute to the original. Thank you, DJP. Thank you, OCR. From the bottom of my heart. You guys have created the perfect ASS.

I have argued with djp at length about this. He continues to insist that it is a new wave of technology that will bring about the drastic change we've needed for a long time. I disagree. This is an abomination that will make the lifeless over-produced work of the 90's and 2000's look like masterpieces in comparison.

He promised that we would discuss this further with me before posting it, but it seems he has jumped the gun. Whatever. It's his site. But that doesn't mean I have be involved with it anymore.

As of today, I'm resigning from the judges panel, and formally requesting that all my remixes be pulled from the site.

If you feel the same way, join me in a mass exodus to my new remixing website at http://ocvgmsauceremixmusic.comorg. I promise a new kind of video game remixing site unlike any you've seen before complete with an RPG points system and the illusion of non-remixer community involvement! There will even be an option whether you want a sidebar or not!

THAT'S ONE. I knew this would happen.

I have argued with djp at length about this. He continues to insist that it is a new wave of technology that will bring about the drastic change we've needed for a long time. I disagree. This is an abomination that will make the lifeless over-produced work of the 90's and 2000's look like masterpieces in comparison.

He promised that we would discuss this further with me before posting it, but it seems he has jumped the gun. Whatever. It's his site. But that doesn't mean I have be involved with it anymore.

No you haven't. I know everyone involved with this project and you weren't involved in any way, shape, or form. We kept this project under tight wraps. I really doubt you even knew anything about this until a few hours ago.

As of today, I'm resigning from the judges panel, and formally requesting that all my remixes be pulled from the site.

First of all, you're not a Judge, so I don't even know how that makes any sense. Second, there's no panel anymore anyway, so even if you were a judge, you wouldn't be on it anymore. Third, you've never had any remixes on this site in the first place, so how can you request that they all get pulled?

If you feel the same way, join me in a mass exodus to my new remixing website at http://ocvgmsauceremixmusic.comorg. I promise a new kind of video game remixing site unlike any you've seen before complete with an RPG points system and the illusion of non-remixer community involvement! There will even be an option whether you want a sidebar or not!

If that's a pot-shot at VGMix, it's not funny.

Guys, some of the negative feedback is really discouraging. You may not like SOME of the auto-generated mixes ReMixanator produces, but there should really be enough variety & customization that you can make SOMETHING you enjoy.

If you're not digging the beats you're generating, maybe it's time to look inward...

Also, it's worth noting that today marks the start of "April is Support OCR Month". We used 90% of our funds, donations included, in coding ReMixanator, so we really need your assistance to get back on track. Yes, I coded the C++ core of the application myself, but some of the advanced DSP and ethnic instrumentation implementations were outsourced to India, where they utilized a lot of JavaScript and COBOL, and it chewed up a lot of resources.

Unbelievable! I can't believe all of you guys are just going along with this! This is fucking ridiculous.

Guys, some of the negative feedback is really discouraging. You may not like SOME of the auto-generated mixes ReMixanator produces, but there should really be enough variety & customization that you can make SOMETHING you enjoy.

Hardly, Adolf.

If you're not digging the beats you're generating, maybe it's time to look inward...

Don't put this on me! You and everyone else here are the ones who need to look inward, if your insides haven't already rotted completely.

Also, it's worth noting that today marks the start of "April is Support OCR Month". We used 90% of our funds, donations included, in coding ReMixanator, so we really need your assistance to get back on track. Yes, I coded the C++ core of the application myself, but some of the advanced DSP and ethnic instrumentation implementations were outsourced to India, where they utilized a lot of JavaScript and COBOL, and it chewed up a lot of resources.

If I could, I'd donate negative money to this stupid site.

I think OCR might be officially dead to me.

You were already dead! Dead inside! Dead like all five of my left nuts! You are officially half of my scrotum!

I'll burn in hell before I let you trash this icon that Christ The Lord delivered onto us this sacred Thursday before Easter! Keep it up and I'll have your ass in a sling you agnosticating polarotic FUMP!

The Remixanator will have support for any game by 2015, which should beat the release of any current album project by several years.

This is hush hush for the time being, but since I know OCR can keep secrets, I'm going to let you in on a juicy tidbit. Remixinator will indeed have support for any game by 2015, but the rest of the story is, that is because the same people who got behind the Remixinator are developing a program called Gamemakernator Future. It builds games in a variety of genres from entirely from the ground up. The dev team needs to have full game support by 2015 so that soundtracks can these games can also be created. That means that the Remixinator will actually have support for any future release as well.

Just for clarification, for previously unreleased games the Remixinator simulates an OST for the game, then remixes it. The Remixes are then auto posted to OverClockedReMix on midnight of the games launch date.

...but don't tell anyone.

WHAT A SHAME! Replace all the artist creativity by a vulgar algotrithm! I don’t understand how we simply can have the idea to automate musical creation.

The Remixinator project could be a good idea, but not to replace the work of all real musicians.

All projects are cancelled !!! Several month of work of dozen of passionate artists… cancelled! Why? Because now, there is a new game on the site: making music in one click. It’s a real wonder of technology… but which price?

I think OCR might be officially dead to me.

I think you're right!!!

What the hell!

Are you kidding me?

I know I've been a long time lurker (6 years) and barely contributed anything, but I've been working on my first mix in hopes of at least submitting it and getting some critique. Now you're saying I can't do that because you'd rather have some fancy program than do actual work?

Screw you guys. I'm out.

EDIT: the worst part is, out of curiosity i plugged in some of the parameters my remix would have incorporated (it was gonna be an EAgames NFL mix), and the song that got cranked out was almost beat for beat what I've already created. You shits really know how to crush dreams.