[April fools!] OverClocked ReMixanator Release!

Kenogu Labz

ReMixanator has actually saved my life. I was feeling a little bleak earlier today, having slogged away for hours and hours working on a remix for Michael Owen's World League Soccer and just not getting anywhere. ReMixanator came along and said 'hey, what the hell are you doing? I've got everything you need right here in a few easy steps' and now I no longer want to end what seemed like a bleak existence. Thanks ReMixanator!

I'd like to express an error I found with the ASS. I wanted to listen to some Metal Terra totally maxed out, but when I got the remix, the pure vocal talent of Larry Oji was missing. I truly hope that the ASS will rectify this situation soon.

EDIT: And the base track for Schala Metal has the guitar riff from Terra Metal in it! How much did you say you paid for this ASS, djp? I think you took it up the ASS with this endeavor.

I'm quitting life. Where can I buy a gun?

Wrong forum, try Help & Newbies.

I don't understand why so many people are against this. The Remixanator is probably the best thing that has ever come to OC Remix. I've already listened to all the songs generated from it and I just can't get enough of it. Everything is so incredible, especially those female vocals. It's some of the best singing I've ever heard. Certainly as good as the best of the site.

The only drawback I see is that we'll have to wait until next fall to get another source tune added. I can't wait that long!

Maybe we should put together a petition to get DJ Pretzel to add a new tune faster than that. Maybe, I don't know, in a couple of months?

Favorite song right now: Smooth IceCap with Female Vocals. That track is just gold!

At first I thought ReMixinator was a good thing that would make things easier and better for everyone. Then I realized that I now have no purpose.

Why not you should work for me, boyschek?

I mean, it's roughly the same thing, but that way you'll be in America, where everyone has guns. :)

This pisses me off.

I spent all those years lurking around the internet looking for all the right torrents to get Reason, Sibelius, Reaper and FL for free, to get myself in the door here; man, I wanted to BE somebody, like DarkeSword

But no, my dreams are over, OCR sold out, and djpretzel is probably going down on McVaffe whilst the latter is fellating Darkesword as of this typing.

Because that's the ONLY way I saw this getting through.

Jesus, this is like when my parents broke up.

Is this how it truly feels to be a remixer? :shock:

It feels so..

so...

...amazing.

It's like I'm walking on air.

I finally feel truly loved. I never want it to stop.

Oh shush and get back to work making better guitar samples for the Remixanator.

Hi, I've been a lurker for awhile and I was thinking of trying to be a remixer. This just made that problem a lot easer. I'd like to thank you all for the hard work put in to this so that people like me (total nobodies) can be remixers.

THANKS!

:nicework:

Gay. Gay. Gay. What happened to the diverse game choice. Now were all being forced to listen to like three songs? Sure they will release another in a month or two but what when u get tired of the THREE that are there? This is a let down. They sugar coat it to seem nice but underneath its all blan. No personalization from the artist. No one to give credit to for a good RM. I mean at least let people still upload individual songs sheesh. They work hard on them and i would listen to them all...of games i like. U took a turn for the worst OC. Maybe enough to make me leave.

I don't get it. Why are people still upset?

Don't people like it when their food is pre-chewed for them, or like how many modern videogames hold their hands instead of challenging them?

This it just like that, except 10 times better, because now, there's no challenge or danger at all. Everyone can create the music they've always wanted and we won't need to suffer arrogant musicians anymore to compose and enjoy new music.

Now we're all potentially the greatest musicians in the universe, with just a few mouse clicks. This is truly a liberating day.

The future has finally arrived! Get excited people!

I'm not feelin' it here... sure, it's kinda neat, but it feels like sort of cool little time waster that should just be on the side. I mean, how're we gonna get things like blending several songs together, epic guitar solos, original and humorous lyrics, personalized reinterpretations, 7-minute piano improvisations, and all the other stuff that makes each ReMixer and their creations unique? What about ReMixing music from obscure games that no one's ever heard of until someone makes an awesome ReMix out of it?

Anyways, I tried out the Remixanator.... and it spat out an incomprehesible cacophony of noise. It was an Abomination. With a capital A.

I don't get it. Why are people still upset?

Don't people like it when their food is pre-chewed for them, or like how many modern videogames hold their hands instead of challenging them?

This it just like that, except 10 times better, because now, there's no challenge or danger at all. Everyone can create the music they've always wanted and we won't need to suffer arrogant musicians anymore to compose and enjoy new music.

Now we're all potentially the greatest musicians in the universe, with just a few mouse clicks. This is truly a liberating day.

The future has finally arrived! Get excited people!

Who the hell wants there hand held????! Its what its all about. Danger and challenge! This thing is stupid and im tired of people bragging about what good remixers they are already when they ARE PUSHING THREE BUTTONS!!!!!!!! Now even normal members are becoming arrogant dicks. That was the jobs for the real artists who do real things!! They deserved to be that way.

Danger and challenge!

Danger and challenge? The Remixanator is the future and that means that it's easy and convenient. No more waiting around for months or even years for that one IceCap theme that I really really wanted. Now, with just a few clicks of my mouse, voila! Instant remix! I don't know how anyone could think that this was anything but a revolutionary idea.

Little known fact: The ReMixinator runs off of the brains of recently deceased ReMixers, now that they are obselete.

At first I thought ReMixinator was a good thing that would make things easier and better for everyone. Then I realized that I now have no purpose.

Your purpose is to be recycled for the sake of the site. Make yourself useful to society, become one with the ReMixinator.

Guys, some of the negative feedback is really discouraging. You may not like SOME of the auto-generated mixes ReMixanator produces, but there should really be enough variety & customization that you can make SOMETHING you enjoy.

If you're not digging the beats you're generating, maybe it's time to look inward...

Also, it's worth noting that today marks the start of "April is Support OCR Month". We used 90% of our funds, donations included, in coding ReMixanator, so we really need your assistance to get back on track. Yes, I coded the C++ core of the application myself, but some of the advanced DSP and ethnic instrumentation implementations were outsourced to India, where they utilized a lot of JavaScript and COBOL, and it chewed up a lot of resources.

This is not DJP speaking. This is the ReMixanator. You can tell by the pixels. DJP is probably inside asking the ReMixanator to open the pod bay doors.

Go ahead and phase yourself out like a good little ReMixer.

The release of this is a little bittersweet for me, since i've had fun working on the site and helping out, but a lot of genres that I was previously completely incapable of before are now as easy as a few clicks. I mean, hiring a call girl to do the vocal intro to my DKC2 project track was kindof expensive, and now I can get female vocals instantly? Amazing work. :-)