OCR01208 - Legend of Zelda "Eutopia Pegasi"

This is a very unique interpretation of the original. I like the beginning and the last 2 minutes most, but at some points there is a lack of flow and movement. That descending piano sequence that happens in the beginning gets annoying after being repeated so much, but it doesn't hurt the song too much. Good arrangement, and of course wonderful singing by Destiny as usual.

~Blue

I dont think i've heard a remix like this before.. ever.

and the singer.. omg.

If i had to put a pricetag on this remix i would say its expensive.

I had to look at the title countless times to make sure I read correctly.. Zelda 1.. not zelda2, 3, etc.. Taking that old melody and redefining it the way it was, was quite a creative move dedicated to what remixing is all about.

10 out of 10. absolutely worth everyone's disk space.

When I read that this song had female vocals I was expecting something with lyrics like Injury's Blue Reflection. What I got was something completely different, but I wasn't the least bit disappointed. This is the most beautiful I've ever heard Zelda sound, and that's saying something. Definitely one of my favorites by the Wingless, and I hope to hear more of Destiny's voice soon. Highly recommended.

Well I'll be...

It's either freaking cold here in San Diego on a summer afternoon, or this song is so incredibly powerful that I keep getting chills.

This song is incredible. I can't really say much more than this, seeing as I'm not supposed to be on a computer right now, but that's not the point. This song really has left me pretty speechless, yet there is so much to say about it... I don't even know where to begin!

The orchestration is wonderful, and the bass and vocals KEEP on giving me chills, it feels like it's in the 50's!

I really didn't know what to expect when I was downloading this song, I read that it traversed new frontiers that no one had ever ventured with the Zelda theme, and it was right, I just had no clue what to expect. Well, to let you know, I wasn't and am not disappointed in this mix whatsoever. The beginning seems to draw out just a bit, but at 1:30, man, that part is just amazing. That's where the song really "starts." Sort of like the where Link would start off on his adventure, while before that is just the intro, giving you the story and panning beautiful shots of Hyrule.

Dear God... 2:02.... Every time.... That section just sends chills all over my body. Normally I'll get chills down my back, or on the back of my neck if something is good, but this is sending it all the way down my back, all over my arms, my legs, and even my head (let me tell you, it feels quite strange, but it's apparently my body's way of telling me that this is some powerful stuff). Plus, this song keeps bringing tears to my eyes, it's so beautiful... This is just amazing... Wow, Destiny's voice is incredible (as always, but I mean, wow! Her voice REALLY adds so much depth and emotion to the song!)... That ending is more than incredible, I don't know what to say, but those last 30 seconds really do it to me. I can't stop shivering...

I don't even know what I can say about the job you two have done! Never have I heard something like this, nor have I ever been touched by a single song so much as this... Congrats on making it feel like it's winter in my room... I don't think I could have this song on repeat for too much longer, it feels as though my body temperature keeps on dropping... :P I think I'm going to go outside and warm up so I can get at least 10 more listens in. :D

I don't think I could possibly imagine what you two could make together after this, but if you make something, I'd be more than happy, more than ecstatic to hear it! :D

This is one of the remixes that I really like to put on when I don't know what to listen to. It's quite impressive, and I really think Destiny did a great job with the vocals.

The piece itself has few spots that I would begin to question, and those spots are very good nonetheless. I particularly like the fact that The Wingless has presented a remix with a majority of original composition and more complex arrangement. The instrumentation is essentially perfect. But what I really love about the piece has to be Destiny's voice.

As an avid fan of all her music, though the majority is indeed original composition, her voice is always very soothing and she has a real talent at adding vocals to a piece and creating an ethereal feel.

Pretty darn amazing. The ending is perfect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Gorgeous piece. I have to call this a "piece" rather than a "remix". It's a different sort of animal.

For those quieter times, this one is perfect. It doesn't really fit with the rest of my OC playlist, but I keep it in there just the same.

Love the female vocals. They fit the theme perfectly, as does the whole arrangement. It's professional quality, IMO. Great ending to the piece too. Ties it all up with a bow - that little Zelda theme in the piano... Love it.

10/10 overall. You're not going to find many better ones than this.

A really nice, nice tune. It's so calming, and the vocals are great, prolly the best I've heard in an ocremix so far. I can't really use any other word except "beautiful" to describe this song. This is a good song to put up if you have that fantasy feeling, like you just watched Lord of the Rings or just finished beating Warcraft 3. Great job Destiny and The Wingless, you guys did really good.

10/10

• 1 month later...

Well... Okay, "beautiful", yes, but... Zelda? Nope. Just not the same feel. I heard enough melody line to recognize it, but where's that little-Hylian-kid-with-a-crappy-little-wooden-sword-gonna-go-kick-some-evil-pigman-ass feel to it? I mean, c'mon. It has the melody, it's a good piece when you're in the right mood, but... It's just not Zelda!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't describe just how MUCH I love this remix. The whole thing is gorgeous, but the ending very nearly leaves me breathless. Definitely one of the most beautiful--if the THE most beautiful--remix on the site. The Wingless' piano work is, as always, so full of emotion and great arrangements, and Destiny's voice is just the greatest tasting icing on an already fantastic cake. GREAT job. I wish you two would collaborate more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really, really like this one. Not every day you can find people who go away from the boom-chick uprgrade and really try to work a theme. A very beautiful atmosphere, and a lot of my favorite chord cliches that pull at my emotions a bit.

Let's see you two make some more beutiful music together

• 1 month later...

I shed tears when I heard this song. Not the bad kind, however. The kind that say "Good Lord, how beautiful is this!" in their reflected shimmers of light.

Words can not bring justice to the beauty of this song. While it's certainly not something you'd use for an overworld theme in any sort of fan game, it seems to bring a story into one's mind on its own. Its own legend, so to speak.

Now I'm just being sappy... but it can't be helped. This song is simply amazing.

I think the song is incredibly beautiful, i'll probobly end up saving it for the work done on it alone. I'm a sucker for piano and strings :)

The only thing I don't think I like...is that there really isn't enough Zelda theme in it. It may or may not just be me, but as lovely as the song is, it was hard to pick out the song to me, except for the few parts where the theme took center stage.

Now, again, I need to say I love the song. I guess I just prefer having a bit more of the original song intact.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I love how the lead into the ending made me think:

6:02 "here comes the picardy third..."

6:06 "okay, well, they'll definitely put it in the piano part...nice touch, leaving it out of the voice"

6:09 "here it is--this 4th will resolve down to the major third"

6:10 "no, it just went up to the minor 6th. ..So they'll put it in the final chord, a fast arpeggiation."

6:13 "...it wasn't there! But wow, that was a nice clean finish."

I still felt like the major third was implied, just because I've heard it so often. I think my mind tricked me into thinking it was there, the first time I heard the piece.

What I'm trying to say is that I salute you for the clean finish with no major OR minor third. It worked well for the piece.

• 9 months later...

An absolutely gorgeous piece--very meditative. It is magical in its delicacy. The choice of instruments is very effective and the soft singing is just divine. I particularly liked the harp flourishes. This is a tender tribute to an important suite of music that contains a lot of love for the original material.

• 1 year later...

I really admire how this mix is balanced on a borderline without making it sound strenuous or any effort at all. A borderline between joyous and melencholy. A borderline between loyal and liberal with the source material. It seems to get the best of both worlds somehow, and never leaves me wanting more of the opposite.

The mix would not be the same without the vocals, which seem to accompany the melody rather than string it along. I'm also a big fan of the awesome piano work that exposes some nice nuggets of melodic variation from a source which many may claim to be mined completely barren. I say there is gold in anything, so long as you are creative enough to find out how to get it. And this mix (and many others) proves that.

Great new spin on Zelda. Never be afraid of making music that makes you feel rather than feel like dancing.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01208 - Legend of Zelda "Eutopia Pegasi"