ReMix:ThaSauce Presents the Official Duck Hunt HD ReMix Soundtrack

Ramaniscence

THE TRUTH:

The Official Duck Hunt HD Remix Soundtrack is a Duck Hunt remix album created as a 2010 April Fools joke. It is the spiritual successor to the first Duck Hunt Remix Project: Repercussions of Fowl Lamentations. The entire project, including all the songs, artwork, and website, was completed in less than three days. It features dozens of talented artists and musicians from both the Video Game Music ReMix and Nerdcore communities.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped out with this project, and everyone else who I contacted who didn't get a chance to help out. We got an INCREDIBLE amount of work done in an extremely short amount of time, and the quality of this album for being done in literally no time at all is absolutely incredible and couldn't have been possible without everyone's effort.

And thanks to friendlyHunter, Binjovi, and hex for all providing the artwork <3

THE JOKE:

In early 2010 I was contacted by Nintendo of America. As it turned out they had heard what we had done with Repercussions of Fowl Lamentations and were wondering if we would be interested in creating a soundtrack for the upcoming DUCK HUNT HD REMIX. Of course I was skeptical at first given the nature of content of the original album, but after we sent a few e-mails back and forth, I was convinced. The first thing I did was contact Protricity to help co-direct; being one of the major driving forces behind Repercussions of Fowl Lamentations I could not imagine attempting this sort of project without his input. Next I contacted my good friend, the multi-talented, Shael Riley. Shael's had a lot of success lately with his bands The Grammar Club and Shael Riley & the Double-Ice Backfire; couple that with his involvement on the Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD ReMix project, and you have got yourself a veritable power house of musical talent. Last I went to my room mate hex. He runs the summer nerd music festival Nerdapalooza, and I knew the connections he could provide would be absolutely invaluable.

Since we were given a virtually unprecedented amount of creative control over the soundtrack, we have been able to create, what I believe is, one of the most diverse original soundtracks in the history of gaming. The Duck Hunt HD ReMix soundtrack features songs from a wide array of artists from throughout the community. It is rich with styles including, but certainly limited to: trance, melodic trance, epic trance and house trance. Also included in this melting pot of musical style are: Gangster rap, hip hop, crunk, emo rap, and nerdcore hip. Finally what about soundtrack would be complete without a little black metal, death metal, progressive rock, glam rock, pop rock, acoustic rock, NES rock, and... well you get the idea. Be sure to listen to this album with an open mind, open ears, and an open heart, and prepare to be truly moved with every single musical marvel.

Douglas "Ramaniscence" Arley

Album Director

Thanks to everyone involved on the project!

A BAD ASS - B-TYPE - BILLCOCK - CHARK - CHILDREN OF THE MONKEY MACHINE - CHILDREN OF THE WASHING MACHINE - CHOZO NINPO - CLAH - DJ BUTTZLUNAR - DJQUETZL - FUNKY49 - HALP0 - INJURY - JMR - JOSEPH BELL - JUST64HELPIN - LONG DAO - ME FIGHT MONSTER - MOLTO PENE - NYKSKRYP - ORGASMIC ALLIANCE - PIGLETT - PROJEKT ZERO - QUARTZ RELIC - SWORDOFDESTINY - T. S. ROFLUTIONARY - TALC - TH3HT - WILLROCK - ZORKIN

Even though I see absolutely no point in doing projects like this, it is nice to see a site that isn't selling their creative soul to a machine like the Remixinator. Kudos to you all for doing this.

Hopefully DHHDR doesn't end up as another wagglefest on the Wii...wait a minute, I'm having an epiphany: What better way to strangle that lousy dog for laughing every time I missed the ducks?! WII WAGGLE!

I'd like to thank you guys so much, I put a lot of very difficult and pain-staking effort into making my contribution as listenable as possible, and hopefully that translated to a pleasant and awe-inspiring experience for all of my avid listeners!

I'm really excited to hear this project come to fruition when Duck Hunt HD finally hits, and I'd like to take the time to personally thank Doug and Hex for contacting me directly to request my involvement on this soundtrack.