Legendary Beast (FF8)

Obvious cheesy percussion and transitional issues to be worked out:

I don't think the percussion is all that cheesy. If you could improve on that, then awesome. The transitions weren't too harsh and one thing i could suggest to help those is a reverse cymbal crash.

Other than that, i can't really find any other issues. Maybe some of the other guys can help more than i can right now. i'm looking forward to your next update!

Well, making it a bit longer would be nice, of course. I didn't realize it was you until rhythm started kicking in, and then I recognized the style and instruments. It's good to hear another VIII track being worked on, that's for sure.

• Good buildup with Compression of Time. I knew I recognized the theme, but had to look it up.
  • Around the one minute mark, it starts leading into the main song; kind of reminds me of 'Battle for West Ascension', then I remembered this is a remix, and derailed that mental train of thought.
  • Brass section at ~1:35 is a little heavy, sounds a bit overpowering.
  • After that, everything seems to be smooth sailing, now all you need is perhaps a bit more length, which I'm assuming you're intending to add, thanks to the abrupt ending.

Glad to hear more of this style from you. :)

Obvious cheesy percussion and transitional issues to be worked out:

I really liked this, didn't think the percussion was on the cheesy side. I don't think there's any major changes need doing here, my only criticism is that the brief and sudden ending doesn't do the rest of the piece justice, so for me it needs to maybe end with a big sustained note or something big like that.