OCR01209 - Legend of Zelda "A Fate Preordained"

I thought it was pretty good, but could have been a lot better had I been able to hear the "main" instruments a bit more. There are elements in the song that are comparable to movie soundtracks. Pretty good stuff.

About an 8/10

Good job. I look forward to more submitions by LindsayAnne!

- CubeNES

Questions? : cubenes7@hotmail.com

AIM: lijlijlijlijlijl

I like this remix. I really do. However, it feels as though it is only half of an experience. This is, in every way, a song meant to be set to a movie. If there is ever a Zelda movie, this would need to be on the soundtrack. The quality and composition is excellent, however, and I look forward to more contributions from this artist.

if there were a zelda move this should be in the soundtrack it is in every way an excellent remix

it sounds great for the opening credits

the best parts about this remix i think is its

1. originality

2.how the whole song just flows from one note to the next

3. it just sounds like something straight out of a movie soundtrack

Wow, I know most of the songs here are remixed, but this one seems to be COMPOSED. It takes the single most remembered theme from zelda, and turns it into a piece i can see the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra recording with Kondo conducting. I wish you'd take the rest of the soundtrack and run it through the same samples. This made me a LindsayAnne Klemm fan.

Thanks so much for listening!

It makes me especially happy to hear that you think it sounds like part of a Zelda movie soundtrack, 'cause that's just what I had in mind when I wrote it. :) I know the volume is a little low and the instruments are a little too "synth" yet, but I might go ahead and remix my remix in some newer and better sounds.

Again though, thanks so much for getting me posted on OCR, and thank you for your kind words. :)

It is refreshing to hear a mellower interpretation of the main theme. Dont get me wrong, I have thoroughly enjoyed the more upbeat remixes, but i did enjoy this one greatly. The melody is passed along in a sort of call and response that harkens back to Grainger or Copland. Mini variations and motifs based on the main theme and chords keep the piece coherent, but stray just enough to let it wander ethereally. Nice work.

I must say, as a fellow composer, that I am overwhelmingly impressed by this work of art you've created. This is one of the best orchestral arrangements I have ever heard and the very life of the Zelda concepts and creation are very worthy of this piece you have made.

I, too, submitted my own remix of the theme that is an original composition that works the theme in, but it will probably not measure up to the glory of this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Nice. I like the take on the Zelda theme; most of what I hear is set to a march tempo. However, this song needs a bit more variation for me to truly like it, but I think that it is still a fairly good remix. 7/10

EDIT: I actually like this remix better after listening to it several times.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01209 - Legend of Zelda "A Fate Preordained"