OCR02016 - Rygar "Rygar's Anthem"

djpretzel

I remember Rygar, and this is actually the only song that comes to mind. I really enjoyed this remix quite a bit actually. It gives me that feeling like I'm watching an old western with John Wayne. Great job, Vurez. Also, just pointing out this is the first review I've ever done on OverClocked ReMix.

• 2 weeks later...

Fun romp through a variety of styles. The beginning almost sounds like something you'd find in a movie about the roman empire, while the next part definitely screams "western". Mix in some medieval, 16-bit RPG-sounding tunes, a bunch of fun vocals, some asian flavor, and you have quite an enjoyable remix.

Nice work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not a huge fan of the intro. Mind you, it's not because of the arrangement. THe orchestration is beautiful. However, the programming is a little rough throughout. Thus is the downfall of sequenced brass. Interesting sound overall for this mix. Very dry and open, but even after a 4 year hiatus, Don is still giving us mixes with crazy different influences of genres, instrumentation, and arrangement ideas. The whistling and vocal section was an interesting idea, and in a very weird way, it works exceptionally well with the hammer dulcimer. This is something I heard when I used to watch kids shows like Barney when i was younger. Not bad at all. I can't wait for Don to submit some new pieces!

• 3 months later...

I love this mix so much, you have no idea. It's so much fun and so wacky. I love every moment of it. I tried convincing a friend of mine to fit it into a play he was doing for a youth theatre festival, just because it's so much fun. The whistling and vocals around 2:14-2:40 make for my favourite part of the piece.

Wow, I really loved the buildup in the intro, and the swift transition around 0:30 seconds. Really an attention grabber. Also enjoyed the wide range of samples featured in the arrangement, really kept me on my toes. The vocal bit and the whistling might not have been the strongest part of the mix, but they were certainly unique and enjoyable.

• 1 year later...

I have to say it, I love this ReMix for how different it is. The grand little intro switching to the more zany western sound was interesting. The whole ReMix has a bouncy weirdness to it, and it's unique. The vocals and whistling wouldn't have worked in my opinion if this ReMix wasn't so wacky to begin with, but because it is, it worked perfectly. This ReMix is charmingly goofy.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02016 - Rygar "Rygar's Anthem"