DC Comics

DarkeSword

This thread is for the discussion of comic books published by DC Comics, including Wildstorm and Vertigo imprints. If you'd like to discuss Marvel, please make another thread.

Current storylines include:

- Blackest Night/Brightest Day

- Last Stand on New Krypton

- The Return of Bruce Wayne

Blackest Night #8 came out last week, ending the miniseries and setting up Brightest Day. Who read it, and what did you think?

Am I the only one who is excited for all events to stop being somehow tied to Grant Morrison wanking off all over the universe?

Blackest Night had very little to do with anything Morrison's doing right now. Actually the only stuff he's really got any influence on right now is the Batman stuff and some of the Multiverse stuff, which has kind of been on the backburner lately. Most of what's going on in the DCU is based around James Robinson's JLA and Superman stuff and Geoff Johns' Green Lantern stuff.

I got around to reading The Long Halloween a few weeks back. Liked the illustration style used in the stories and the whole progression from Gotham being controlled by mob bosses to deranged lunatics was neat. In particular, the "Christmas Special" with the Joker was very funny.

Seeing Solomon Grundy again was a major plus too.

I got around to reading The Long Halloween a few weeks back. Liked the illustration style used in the stories and the whole progression from Gotham being controlled by mob bosses to deranged lunatics was neat. In particular, the "Christmas Special" with the Joker was very funny.

Seeing Solomon Grundy again was a major plus too.

I love The Long Halloween! If you like that make sure you read the sequel, Dark Victory, by the same team (Loeb and Sale).