April is Support OCR Month 2010!

Hi there. I don't really read the forums, but I've been getting music from here since 2003 and I just wanted to say thanks for everything over the last 7 years. I tossed you guys $25. Anyone who has ever felt grateful for the music after a day from hell, or who has just been using that much bandwidth for that long, should give whatever they can too. Here's hoping I can increase the donation next year once college ends. And on that note, see you all next year, same thread.

Cripes, this spent what, three days on the second page? No good, man, no good. Spot-on with the bump though.

Perhaps a sticky would have helped the cause.

Just over a day left!

Not a good idea. People instinctively ignore stickies.

Bumps are better and more promotional.

People take note of open letters vs closed letters.

It's simply a suggestion. It was stickied last year; this year it wasn't. There are other factors at play, yes, but when a thread makes it to the second page - or even most of the way down the first - it's going to be ignored.

Anyway, this is the last day of the official April is Support OCR Month, so I encourage everyone who hasn't donated to pitch in.

It was stickied last year; this year it wasn't.

Actually, even better than that: last year's thread was posted in Announcements, effectively ensuring appearance on front page.

This helped bring attention to the matter, and I'm surprised this course of action hasn't been taken in 2010 as well.

Anyway, this is the last day of the official April is Support OCR Month, so I encourage everyone who hasn't donated to pitch in.

^ This. Whether you're lurkers, newcomers, or ol' timers. If you're part of this community, come out of the shadows.

Spare a coin for the brave men and women who provided you with quality music, entertainment and content over the years, for the low price of FREE! ;-)