Name: MMvsUSAF

mmvsusaf@gmail.com

http://mmvsusaf.seanny.net/

Submission Information

Game: Mega Man 4

Song: Get a Weapon

NES version

Link to the original soundtrack

Dave watched his cousin Wesley play MM4 quite a bit and this was his favorite jingle. Now expanding upon it, that was the hard part...

source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=samsrJZRgcs&fmt=18

I wish MMvsUSAF had included lyrics in the submission email, because for the life of me I can't figure out what he's saying in a couple of lines. Regardless, the lyrics are very clever, and the delivery works for the track. Arrangement is there, and there's definite expansion on the original. Considering the source is 7 seconds long, stretching it to 2:53 without becoming boring is quite a feat, although I think the outtro could have been a repetition shorter. Production is good, with nothing being overpowered. Beats are repetitive, but it works for the track.

Overall, I'm amused and impressed. YES

So I feel like I'm late to this whole "Nerdcore" party that seems to be all the rage with the kids these days. Well this track is certainly nerdy, and it's also got its fair share of awesome. The production is great. Hip Hop is tricky to vote on for OCR because of the generally repetitive nature of mainstream (and underground) hip hop beats. Without being too lenient I can fairly say that while this track does conform to hip hop conventions, there's enough going on musically to keep it interesting and to push it over the bar. Far from "Write 4 bars, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V"

YES

Pretty fun stuff, The lyrics are the strong point, and though I do think the source itself is used in a little too repetitive of a manner, there is enough expansion on the theme to fit.

Production is overhyped in a few frequencies i'm not quite sure on, but it's only in the backing track and doesn't kill anything. Overall it's solid.

I think the other judges have this covered. Send us lyrics please!

yes

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to quickly co-sign on this great mix. This had cool, fun lyrics, but what really grabbed me (and will catch the ear of a lot of others), was the beat that immediately opened things up. You're mileage on the repetitiveness of the chorus may vary, but the different drop-ins right before "get a weapon weapon" and behind "ride so high" threw in some variation to not let things get stale.

I always love hearing the latest mix that sounds nothing like any other mix. Awesome stuff, and hopefully not the last submission we hear from Sean & Dave.

YES