Funky Cheesy Track (2:30)

Mordi

• 2 weeks later...
Would be nice with feedback on mastering and melody.

A slightly funky, but mostly cheesy synth-tune.

I'm having a hard time choosing good leads. I always go for pretty standard saw-leads.

.mp3

Suggestions for a name?

First off, I don't think there's anything wrong with your synths here. I like the arps you have here. Nice atmosphere too. Sounds summery. What's here is pretty good overall. As for a name? I'm pretty horrible when it comes to names, sorry. heh

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. I'm sitting here dancing in my seat. lol. I really don't see any problem with the saw lead. I think it sounds pretty good and fits in with the rest of the song. I was gonna say how simple the lead sound is, but really, most of the sounds you used and your drums are pretty simple, but it sounds great. It doesn't sound cluttered and everything is crisp. I just love that funky bassline though.

Now, the only problem I have is it's only about 3 min long. You could probably stretch it out some, add a longer intro, and replace the fadeout. When it just kinda hops in and fades out like that, I would have to listen to it a few times to fully enjoy it.

As far as the mastering goes, the only thing I would do is turn the pad down just a little bit.

I'm probably just as bad with names, so I can't really help you there.

Overall I would still give it a 4.5 out of 5. I'm actually gonna toss it in my music collection it's so good. :)

Overall I would still give it a 4.5 out of 5. I'm actually gonna toss it in my music collection it's so good. :)

Cool. I agree that the ending is poorly done. I think fading out a track has a 'place' and time, but most of the time I hear fadeouts it makes me think "lack of imagination".

Here is a version with some tweaks:

http://mordi.ziphoid.com/data/music/originals/Mordi%20-%20Trallala.mp3

Don't think I'll add anything more to it, really.