OCR01216 - Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind "Fear Not"

djpretzel

!!! A TECHNO MORROWIND MIX??? My dream come true! *sniff* Everything really comes together in the piece and it sounds really professional. I enjoy the quiet melody when the drums drop out and then come back in. Wow...and then the piano coming in. Absolutely musical and beautiful. My friend is going to want to hear this. Those little background arpeggio jums are good man. Just the kind of mix I could hope for. The quiet piano part is off a little. Still sounds sweet after that though. Great job man. I'll be listening to this one for a while!

Hahaha. I'm convinced Pretz only includes me in the song blurb to make me look as insane as possible.

Anyways, I was especially impressed with Fray's implimentation of the judges critiques. When I first heard the song on the panel, I was edging on the side of "meh". The revised edition just about floored me, which is saying something because Wingy is rarely a fan of the "Phat B33tz".

So, great job Fray. You made me replay the game after a four month hiatus.

Just wanted to tack on that DarkeSword was also very helpful with the resubmission. Also, I got oodles of good feedback from GrayLightning and SuperGreenX during the whole WIP process. Thanks guys!

If anyone's interested in hearing the version with the bluesy solo (I still kinda like both versions :P), it's at http://fray.winter-light.net, and it's also available on vgmix.

Let this instance underscore that when the judges say they want you to resubmit something, they aren't kidding.

Very nice for a first mix! I enjoyed this quite a bit, it is a much appriciated change from the standard ReMixes of Morrowind, they did good but I believe this mix has more to offer on the sole topic that it has strayed from the slow paced and sorrowful main piece and gone closer towards the realm of techno. Well done!

Let this instance underscore that when the judges say they want you to resubmit something, they aren't kidding.

And that to Dhsu you should listen to in the first place.

The change of pace at 3:07 was...ummm, unexpected. By itself, it's pretty cool, but I'm not sure how well it fits in the context of the rest of the mix.

;)

Me gusta MUCHISIMO!!! Really, this was the most original Morrowind mix I've heard yet. It utilizes some original tunes and beats, and does a damn good job of it. I wish it had been a bit more varied, and the ending was a bit weak. Great job Fray. ((side note: I just finished filling in every sqaure of the Morrowind in game map yesterday. w00t))

I never played marrowind. Usually I don't download everything from the site but after reading the blurb I got this one.

Needless to say I've been around awhile but I don't post much out of laziness.

This was a awesome mix. Just frikkin awsome.

Great job fray and judges for 'guidance' :)

But mostly great job fray.

:):):):)

Interesting comments.

- Props to Dhsu for calling the problem long before I submitted it. Keep in mind though the WIP thread had people insisting that I should turn the ENTIRE piece into a funk thing. I didn't ignore you; it's just impossible to not pick and choose between the advice given.

- Rayza, are you by any chance talking about the pads at 1:24? Not many people have complained about the timing on those parts, but the ones who HAVE all seem to be seasoned techno or trance artists. I'll watch out for that stuff in the future.

Everybody else, thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great mix, normally I loathe techno but you kept the beats conservative and limited enough that I could enjoy this. However, I am rather disappointed that you resubmitted it as I thought the bluesy bits were the best part of the song. Ah well, keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Out of the four "Final Stage" remixes of Morriwind, this is the GREATEST! 8O absolutly MINDBLOWING! if you are reading this, deciding to dowload this mix, stop right now, and dowload it cause, hey, you can delete it if you want to, and like I said, THIS IS AN AWESOME MIX OF AN AWESOME GAME :D .... and if anyone would find it in thier hearts to transcribe this to piano sheet music, I'd be forever in thier debt... please? :?

• 6 months later...

For what it's worth I do like the blues/jazzy piano better - it doesn't "fit" with the rest of it perhaps but it flows just fine and sounds better.

Good job on the Remix as a whole, only thing I don't like are those gastrointestinal like noises but then I always hate those.

For the first thirty seconds of this song, I thought it was going to turn out to be a very crappy techno remix that had no direction on purpose - just a bunch of different synth sounds labeled as a remix. Damn, was I wrong! 8O This remix has quickly become a favorite of mine...its epic, but its also groovy. Its one of those tunes that I can listen to over and over and never get tired of.

Nice work Fray, you gets a 9/10 in my book for this one.

• 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01216 - Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind "Fear Not"